What's new

Dallas Cowboy kills 2 people....... (1 Viewer)

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/1909677/detail.html
Well, you heard it here first.
He actually waited over 17 hours to turn himself in. Presumably to rid his body of whatever substance he was "on" at 2:30 in the morning. I can only guess waht it was.....alcohol at the very least.
Yet another athlete (and another Cowboy) in trouble with the law!!
(Ever notice has you hardly ever hear about a hockey player getting in trouble with the law??? It's always football, baseball, basketball......)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Investigators say that as a rescue attempt began, Goodrich came speeding through the scene in a grey BMW at an estimated 110 miles per hour. Officers said Goodrich tried to swerve between the disabled vehicles and hit several people, two of whom were killed.
I hope this little prick spends the rest of his life in a federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Well, you still hear about some pro hockey players breaking the law. Now Professional Magic Card players, there's a group that doesn't get into scrapes with the law, even though they're like all professional and stuff.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
As for Hockey players not getting into trouble with the law, I dont think that you could get in any more trouble with the law than Bob Probert did. He was banned from Canada because he tried to smuggle in a s#!tload of cocaine.
But in general, more basketball and football players tend to get in trouble because of their reckless, thuggish, nouveau-riche lifestyle, meaning that Basketball and football players are given lots of money for the first time in their life, and they begin to act irresponsibly because they think that their newfound riches make them invincible. For Football and Basketball, College sports are like the minor leaugues, except they dont really get paid to play, and therefore when they first experience getting paid good money to play a sport, they begin to spend and spend and spend. In Baseball and Hockey, players go to the AA or AAA ball and juniors or the minors, and they are getting paid early to play, but also have the advantage of getting to understand what it is like to play for pay at an earlier age.
As for Goodrich, I am not sure if any of you saw Hard Knocks, but this guy was on the cusp of being cut by the Cowboys. Just makes you wonder if those two people would be alive if he had just not made the team.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
When will people wake up and realize that treating athletes and movie stars like royalty doesn't make them better people?

Gah. I'm blathering again. I hope this guy spends millions of dollars on a lawyer, and still gets life in prison.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

There's no way Goodrich will end up doing life. It wouldn't take a legal dream team to have this plead down to involuntary manslaughter if that. They know that it was his car but without a confession it will be all but impossible to prove that he was the driver.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
You all are just hatin' on him cuz he's from the University of Tennessee!
Stop Vol Hatin!
:D

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's likely that he was under the influence, and he (or any person with a lot of money) has been told to always leave the scene and turn your self in afterwards. (or to refuse to take a breathalyzer) But after reading the article in the Dallas Morning News (but you have to read between the lines) I think this is possible something that could have happed to anyone under the influence or not. The car that was on fire had previously hit a disabled 18-wheeler. If you've been on this freway were I-35 and loop 12 merge theirs a hill and that’s possibly why the car slammed into the truck. The car tried to pull over to the shoulder but was not all the way over. Thus it may be possible that he had no where to go but to the inside of the shoulder which is unfortunately is where the two men were trying to pull the person out of the burning car. The 100mph+ claming seems unlikely if you look at the car that was burning. Not trying to make any excuses but involuntary manslaughter is what I see happening after more of the facts come out.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Woah, that's a trip. They had quite a few stories on a select few Dallas Cowboys during HBO's "Hard Knocks" series during this pre-season. Goodrich was one of the athletes they would profile. Sad.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
By not turning himself in for 17 hours he incriminated himself like Ted Kennedy did back in the late 60's. There could be a whole lot more to why he didn't stop that could involve drugs,drug money,a hooker,etc... wake up people, he's trying to hide something, and the authorities will find out. He can kiss his football career goodbye because the only place he's going to be playing football is in the showers.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't look good for Goodrich right now, but I'll reserve judgement until all the facts are out, but I agree his football career appears over (not that it was much to begin with).

As for hockey players getting in trouble, I seem to recall a certain player named Marty McSorley getting in quite a bit of trouble with the law recently.

Nobody, and no sport is immune. It's up to the character of the individual to shine through (or not).

MikeM

Screenwriter
As for his football carreer being over, don't rule anything out.

Darrell Russell will be eligible to be back in the league later this year, and I've seen players like Lawrence Phillips get back in the league. Who knows, if OJ was in his prime when he was found guilty in a civil court of murder, he'd probably still be one some team's payroll.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
He'll pay the families,pay a huge fine, get a suspended sentence or serve for a limited time in a luxury camp and get lots of community service.

Dont count on his career being over. Like Vince Neil, he may say he needs to work in order to cover payment to the families, lawyer fees,fines etc

If it was me, Im sure Id spend the rest of my life behind bars.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
This makes me sick. A few years ago in St. Louis, Rams player Leonard Little killed a woman in a DUI/H&R and walked away with comparatively little consequence or fines (when compared to his resources and the life he took). These people ARE NOT Gods, they certainly are not Heroes as the media PR department portrays them, and the same goes for most celebrity crimes, if you have enough cash and/or fame then nine times out of ten you will get off.
Perhaps it is just the ca$h that turns these convictions but I can't help but wonder how much fame factors into this.
There will always be exceptions to this phenomena (perhaps Dwayne will be one) but not very many when compared to non-wealthy "civilian" criminal cases.
...maybe it is just a matter of money....

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
110 MPH?

Kind of off topic, but what would the consensus be on a federal mandate that all cars must be electronically limited to 80 mph? As far as I know, there are no speed limits above that point in the USA. I'm not saying I favor that or not; I just think it would be interesting to see what arguments one could have against it. After all, there are many regulations in place (such as cars being required to have dual airbags, even though it adds a lot of cost to the car) that some people feel are unnecessary.

In other words, if I don't have the legal right to drive without my seatbelt or buy a new car without airbags, why should I have the capability of driving a car 50 mph over the speed limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks