What's new

Dalekmania! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget that there will be a be a "Doctor Who Gift Set", including both the Peter Cushing films Doctor Who and the Daleks and Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D., plus a "Dalekmania" DVD, as you can see by its listing in Anchor Bay website's Coming Attractions area: ( http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future/ )
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm [ /i]
[Edited last by David Lambert on September 21, 2001 at 04:23 PM]

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Apologies if this has been covered or is taken from elsewhere, but I don't know how else I would have heard it otherwise.
wink.gif
Why is Amazon only listing 2 discs for the set? I am assuming that each movie is on one disc and that Dalekmania is a third but we know what assuming does. Just wanted to try to get some clarification or proof positive one way or the other before I decide to pre order. I heard rumors of a 5000 only pressing of the documentary and that there were going to be sets without it. That's a lot why I still have been holding off. Again, the internet is like a bathroom wall, I just like this bathroom better than all the others.
If anyone has any definitive information please share to clear up my misconceptions. I have no desire to be wrong or share things which are incorrect, but I hestitate to share what I hear because of aforementioned bathroom phenomenon.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
How are these Peter Cushing Dr. Who's? I am only familar with the British televison series.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tyler - I hadn't heard anything about sets without the Dalekmania disc. Where did you hear this rumor?
Anchor Bay has not issued the formal release data on this set yet, which is why details are scarce, why Image Entertainment's site has no info, why Image's online retail arm DVD Planet has no listing, and probably why Amazon probably doesn't know HOW many discs will be in there! :)
The AB site is the only place where I've seen ANY info on that disc, and I infer from there (a LOT of extrapolating, I know) that it will be a 3rd disc in the set and that all the Gift Sets will have it.
In retrospect, I should have asked about this set at the chat, but I gambled (and lost) that someone else would ask or that they would bring it up in their end-of-chat announcements, so I asked a question about something that I knew noone else would ask (and got a pretty generic answer for my trouble; sigh).
If there IS some sort of limit as to how many of the Gift Sets have the Dalekmania item with it, then all the more reason to get in a pre-order now, right? :)
Alan - I watched Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 AD many many years ago, taping it off of cable tv, because "the Grand Moff Tarkin" was in it
wink.gif
, and enjoyed the heck out of it. So I finally checked out this British SF show that was always on PBS...and found out it was pretty darn cool (though not nearly as cool as Trek or Galactica [duck]). It's been too long since I've seen either one to compare to the ongoing tv series, which I also haven't seen in a long time (15 years, until the recent DVD releases!). But I want them for nostalgia, if nothing else. Besides, no Doctor Who collection would be complete without them!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks