What's new

Dahlquist Orbit 5.1 Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

MikeyG

Auditioning
Hi All... I bought a Dahlquist Orbit 5.1 speaker system about 2 years ago and simply love it. Well, till my subwoofer went south. I opened it up to find a 1A fuse blown. when I change it and add AC, it humms for a moment till the fuse blows again. I stared at the components for a bit and did not notice anything burnt/mangled. Anyone know what might be wrong? I'm hoping to get this repaired myself. Going tothe dahlquist website was useless. It looks like they are out of business via the web-Mike

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Mike,
They are definitely in business. Give them a call at 905-305-8387 or email them at [email protected].
Let them know if it is the original Orbit 5.1 or the later generation Orbit5.1A as they are different amplifiers.

Reggie_F

Agent
Mike,

How do you find the subwoofer's performance. I'm thinking of getting the Orbit 5.1a but I'm worried the subwoofer lacks some low-end.

MarcH,
I've noticed that you sell the Dalhquists and I'm sure you are quite familiar with the Orbits. That being said, is it advisable (or needed) to add a larger sub, ie. Dayton Tiny Mighty to the system. Orbits sub is rated to 40hz sub.

Thanks.

MikeyG

Auditioning
Thanks for the Dahlquist number. I'll give them a call and reply later with a status. I have the 5.1A. And like I stated in the orig post, I love this speaker system. The subwoofer and all. I have the speakers about 8 feet off the gound and the subwoofer below my center channel. the room is about 20' x 20'. Powered by a Denon AVR 1803.

-Mike

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Reggie,
I am very impressed with the Orbit sub, especially with the "A" version. It handles bass peaks really well and is tougher to bottom out than the other small subs I have experience with. I am also impressed with how such a small sub can fill a room. We have it on display in the front room of our shop which is quite a large area and seems quite satisfying. The spec of 40Hz is just the limit of rated flat response (+/-3dB) and there is usable output well below that. I would guess that it gets just below 30hz in a usable way.

lucasdimez

Auditioning
Real Name
joe willingly
does anybody know how to setup the Dahlquist QX100-A? I have QX1T and QX2T Microhome theatre speakers and don’t know how to connect them to the subwoofer. these speakers did not come with a receiver. Please help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks