Dagnabbit!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Joseph, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Jeesh.
    I was always planning to redo the tiling on my roof (someday I would get to it). But after seeing some leaks, and considering I want to sell the house, now was the time to tackle this problem and end the procrastination so I ordered 30 bundles of tiles. The best decision I made was to have them delivered onto the roof of the house.
    So, I go up there and begin nailing the tiles on top of the current single layer of tiles and lo and behold, my foot steps right through the roof. Doouuugh!!! [​IMG] Felt like I was in an outer body experience as I looked at the gaping hole in my roof and noticed the nice pink insulation and wood in the attic. (sigh)

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Sorry to hear Neil. At least you did not go all the way thru[​IMG] BTW, what typf of roof do you have? I am surprised you punched thru it. Usually there is plywood sheeting down or the like.
    I re-roofed my house once, once and never again. I'll pay the next time around for someone else to do it.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    After I moved into my home 8 years ago, I replaced the entire roof, decking and all. With my dad and my uncle helping, this took the three of us about two weeks to complete.

Neil - It sounds like the decking was rotten from a bad leak.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I fixed it by replacing the plywood in that spot (about 2x4ft) and then continuing my tiling. I can laugh about it now but it sure wasn't funny when it happened.

5. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    To be sure, home improvement Dagnabbits are among the most inconvenient, costly, and annoying when they occur, but the most humorous in retrospect.
    I wonder why that is?