Daewoo Direct HDTV 16:9 ratio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Parker, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

I checked these Daewoo 16:9 direct HDTV couple of days ago at a local store. They look amazing, The picture quality is just perfect as compare to sony, samsung, panasonic or even to toshiba direct TVs. They are available in 30" and 34" inches.

So I wuz wondering if anyone has experience with those TV sets, cause they are too new to find a review on them online, and I dont know much about daewoo brand. so I decided to put a thread here.

Anyone who would like to comment on those TVs is welcome and greatly appreciated and it will make my decision easier.

2. Kevin Parker

noone???

3. Kevin Parker

common guys, no thoughts??

4. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

No stores in my area carry Daewoo TVs. Maybe that's why people don't have opinions about them. Where did you see yours?

5. Jon Pineau

Jon Pineau Auditioning

I have been interested in the Daewoo TVs for several months now. I have not seen any comments for anyone who owns one.
    I found a New Jersey supplier (www.ggvideo.com) who have the 30" model for 1600 US dollars. I haven't called for the price on the 34"
    What prices have you seen?
    I would really be interested in hearing from anyone who owns a set.

6. Kevin Parker

I seen at a local toronto, canada store and prices were quiet cheaper than what you got, it wuz around $1154 US and $1800 Canadian. I think it is too new thats why noone owns it and daewoo is not toshiba so maybe people are hesitating to buy it like me even though it looks really amazing, picture looks real nice and it wuz sitting by toshiba HDTV and beleive me daewoo had the better picture, it has built in HDTV decoder which means its a true HDTV not HDTV ready and one more big feature is dolby digital 5.1 decoding, but I dont think so lotta ppl will care about that cause most of the ppl have receivers for that purpose. so lets see if we can find any opinion from a daewoo user.

7. Jon Pineau

Jon Pineau Auditioning

Under $1200 UD for 30" direct view 16:9 with built-in HDTV tuner and dolby digital decoder is a great deal.

I wonder why that place I found is so over-priced? Do you know of any other places that stock Daewoo models? In particular, any that might ship to my area? Amazon has the 30" (DSC30W60N) model for $2,500 US which is riduclous compared to your local store. I know Amazon is usually overpriced but not more than double price!

I don't think you can buy direct from Daewoo. I'm trying to find RRPs for the Daewoo range.

8. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

I cannot find any detailed information on the 34" Daewoo. Do you have a link to any information -- and maybe a picture of what the set looks like?

9. Kevin Parker

Marshall:
    You can find all the information about 34" at daewoo's site.

John:
    well maybe its cause we have a different distributor in canada then US, but unfortunatley I have seen this TV set at a local store, so I dont really know if they will ship to US, I can call them and ask for you if you want.

10. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

This deserves a bump.

I read on another forum they sell the 34" at some Costco stores for $1499.

A 34"; 16x9 Flat screen HDTV for under $1500. That's the best deal I've seen. I'd love to know more about it's performance and durability.