What's new

DAc for my Mac mini m1 (1 Viewer)

bocat

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Here is a question. I was thinking of getting a DAC for my Mac M1 mini. I stream through Apple Music and they now have lossless music. When I hook it up will the DAC only play through my computer speakers. I have a Denon AVR S750 hooked up via an ethernet connection and Apple airplay. Will the DAC also stream the music through the Denon?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's simply not nearly enough information to answer your question. DACs come in a myriad of forms, from really basic ones that just have a digital input of some sort, and an analog output, to ones with streaming capabilities and operating systems and are actually little computers in addition to being DACs.

A basic DAC is simply what DAC stands for, a digital to analog converter. So, Yes, the DAC can probably send music to your receiver, if that's how you connect it. Since your receiver has AirPlay, what do you hope to gain from an external DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks