What's new

DA5ES volume control (1 Viewer)

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
I've been reading a lot about setting the master volume control at 0 dB for calibration. That would be next to impossible on the DA5ES. I generally get about 75 dB with AVIA test tones and with the master volume at about -35. What am I missing here?

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
You are not missing anything, the volume setting at 0db is real loud. Just calibrate all the speakers to 75db's and you will be fine.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
Are you sure your're not seeing people talk about 0db or -10db from reference? I believe reference volume for calibrating your system is 85db. It is also the volume you listen to your system at when you watch a movie and your wife is not home.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Joe check the audio FAQ. Avia should be set to 85db and Video Essentials to 75db. That mean turning your master volume up until your spl meter reads 85dbs at your sweet spot. Not all receivers use the same volume scale. I think 85dbs for my DA5ES is around -30(not sure, been a while since calibration with avia) Don't get hung up on 75 or 85, just make sure all speakers/sub are the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks