What's new

DA4ES Volume Control (1 Viewer)

Shane Burton

Agent
I just got a 4es. I noticed that on some tracks
I will get a clicking when raising the volume.
It is only on certain tracks/passages.

I am using a digital coax out of a pc. It's
very odd. When the unit has no input you can
fluctuate the volume rapidly and it is dead
silent.

I wonder if this is an issue of the computer
output, or even a characteristic of the Sony?

Any input would be great. Thanks.

Shane

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 4ES and have no clicking of any kind using the volume control on the SONY Receiver or the remote, I do not have a pc connected to it in anyway....

Alex

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
I experience a very slight clicking as I raise or lower the volume, but only at extremely high volume levels (above -25 dB or so), and only with no input signal. If there was an input signal at that volume setting, I would have long ago blown out my eardrums.

If you can hear clicking over actual music, then there is possibly something wrong with the receiver. Is the volume of the computer set high enough? i.e. is it as loud as, say, when you play a CD, or do you have to crank up the receiver's volume when you select the computer as an input? If you do have to do that, then you should probably turn up the output volume on the computer. That may help reduce the clicking (by increasing the level of the music iteself).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks