What's new

da ali g show. (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I didn't think it was funny myself.

What is interesting is that so many [important] people agree to be interviewed by him, when they clearly know he's putting on an act- yet they just answer as if he asked them a serious question.

A bit too surreal for my tastes- Once I saw it the first time I didn't need to see it again. I got it.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Bruno asks amazingly offensive questions of people who think thier on Austrian MTV, gets them to answer stuff like
"I think Bin Laden's cool!" and then DISPLAYS THIER NAMES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN!

Carear Kill!

This is the funniest shit on TV

Best Question;
To C Everett Koop
"Why is it that skeletons are involved in so much evil shit?"

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
This show is a real gem, sorry some of you don't get the gag.

My fav has to be Borat's Guide to America, that bit of the show always leaves me on the floor. I still can't believe the one where he had pictures of his wife at the ballgame...

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Ok finally seen the US version and it is a little different (It always is). I think a little bit of the fun has gone from the show, where are the musicians for Ali-G to fix up?

Also was the drug agent the exact same clip from the UK show?

I would say I enjoy 95% of the show, a lot of the humour is in what the characters get away with and what they get others to say "she must be tight, like a mans anus", "High 5" "Your in trouble George", and previous posters have touched on what the Fashion people have to say.

Bruno is a new character for the HBO series? I don't recall seeing him before (but I definitely haven't watched all the old episodes).

But as I mentioned somethings grate a little, the overly bit about who did the floater and didn't flush was overkill and boring and just uneccessary, basically things like that.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Man, the photos of Borat's "wife" at the ball game were so funny I hurt myself laughing. That and when he was interviewing the historical re-enactor: "In Khazakstan we think American technology really great, but (staring at wood shop) this, this is very old"

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Man, the photos of Borat's "wife" at the ball game were so funny I hurt myself laughing. That and when he was interviewing the historical re-enactor: "In Khazakstan we think American technology really great, but (staring at wood shop) this, this is very old"
Ditto ... I am sorry if some people do not see the dry humor in this show.

I guess having Russian friends with similar accents helps me :)

JayV

Supporting Actor
I first heard of Ali G in two clips that Howard Stern plays. One is an interview with Marlon Fitzwater and the other is with James Baker III. I had no idea he was on HBO.

Any idea where I might find audio or video of these interviews?

I'll definitely check out the show; those interviews (and one with Alexander Haig) are hilarious.

And once more through the Ali G Translator:

I first eard of Ali G in two clips dat Oward Stern plays. One is an interview wiv Marlon Fitzwata and da udda is wiv James Baka III. I did ave no idea he was on HBO.

Any idea where I might check audio or video of these interviews?

I'll for real check out da show; those interviews (and one wiv Alexanda Aig) is ilarious.

-j

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
My favorite bit from the show so far:

"boutrous boutrous boutrous gali"

Also the interview with the guy from Inside Actor's Studio was good too, I can't remember his name. Was really impressed with the rap he wrote at the end, it was actually very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks