What's new

D@## your moustache! (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most of those insults seem silly. I mean, the obsession with footwear is almost absurd.

"He should be hit with a shoe!" :laugh:

And someone said that the :emoji_thumbsup: is the equivalent of the western "middle finger." Well, I see a lot of smiling people who are apparently also flippin' us off as we drive by them. So who knows?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, the thumbs up was that way for them once, but it is widely believed that they adopted the western meaning and that is why they are using it.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the phrase is ...

"I curse your mustache..."
And if it's near dinner time ended with
"....No soup for you!!!!":angry: :angry:

ken thompson

Second Unit
Interesting about that "thumbs up" thing about being equivalent to our middle finger. Especially if those two signals evolved from the same thing. Are there any women here that can verify this?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I don't think it's right to say the culture of other countries is "silly".
Sure it is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions. I think the culture of many other countries is silly. I'm sure they think we're just as silly (and sometimes, I agree with them).

Cursing a moustache is extremely silly to us. Why can't we laugh about it? Because we might offend a few people? Forget that. If they can't see the humor in cursing a moustache, that's their problem, not mine. If someone from another culture wants to login here and say, "You Americans are so silly, calling people 'female dogs' as an insult! Hah Hah Hah!" .. I'd laugh right along with them, because they'd be right.

This world of "don't say what you're really thinking because someone somewhere will take offense" disgusts me.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
In the UN a few weeks ago some of the Arab ambassadors got into a shouting match and one of them cursed the others mustache, I remember a few articles about how it was such a huge insult.

Also, what is the deal with hitting things with shoes? Is there extra meaning behind hitting a statue or picture with shoes or is it just the most convenient object available?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I read that the bottom of the shoe is in constant contact with all manner of foul things, so it's basically heaping dirt/schmutz/excrement on the object of scorn.

"So's your old man!"

JamieD

Supporting Actor
don't say what you're really thinking because someone somewhere will take offense
Yep, and I dislike that as well. But that has nothing to do with what I said. What I said, was that I don't think it's right to say the culture of another country is silly. I don't particularly care if I say something that might offend an individual, or a nation, but if I'm going to say it, I'll find out why it's the case first. Anyways, neither here nor there to have that discussion, as this is largely a joke filled thread.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I'm really beginning to like the shoe thing. :D
Could someone spoilerize what the hell "D@##" represents? For the life of me I can't figure it out. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks