What's new

D-VHS D-theater JVC (1 Viewer)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I recently was in the market for a new VCR and decided to give D-VHS a shot and purchased the new JVC HM-DH30000U unit. I was impressed with the unit as a regular old VCR but WOW............ D-VHS D-Theater is it!!!!! It projects the best picture, by far, on my HDTV. Compared to DVD, HD over-the-air and HD via satelite.... well there is no comparison. The D-VHS picture is simply the best I've ever seen my TV look. So good in fact, you start wondering if your TV is good enough for this new format.

Anyway................

Does anybody know of a good place to pickup D-VHS, D-Theater movies?

geo

VicRuiz

Second Unit
There aren't any D-Theater movies to be picked up yet. The first titles are supposed to come out in June.
From Widescreen Review:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Your eyes have been opened, Geo! As the reviewers say, D-VHS D-Theater is like lifting that final veil from the cinematic image you've been craving. You might find this thread of interest.
As to locating vendors, why not check the studios' Websites? Or e-mail some of the better-known e-tailers.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Geo,

Exactly what source material are you playing that's the basis for your comments? What display do you have, and how is it connected?

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help guys...........

June?

That bites, oh well guess the demo tape will have to do for now.

Robert,

Source material is the above mentioned demo tape that came with the unit. My HDTV is the Toshiba 65H81 and I have the JVC hooked via component video output directly to the TV.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Geo,

Glad to know it has component outputs. Does it have RGBHV outputs as well? (keeping fingers crossed that studio paranoia won't prevent movie output via component or RGB connection).

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,
No, it does not have RGB outputs. But it does include an optical digital output for DD/DTS.:)
Can't wait to get my hands on Titan A.E. and U-571 amongst others............
geo

AllenD

Second Unit
Hi Robert!
You can't stop thinking about the demo last weekend, either, huh? :emoji_thumbsup:
I might have to dust off the component ins and out of my DTR 7.1 for one of these bad boys.
BTW: If you need extra component switching, I know of a guy who's selling his old Onkyo 787, which has wideband component switching, that would make a great pre-pro for your setup. ;)

Jim Vee

Auditioning
Just set up the same JVC D-VHS unit and can second the impression. The picture is unbelievable. Using a Sanyo PLV60 HT component direct in to 9 ft. screen. However, I had planned on using this receiver for some time shift recording off my Dish HD unit but there are no component inputs. I believe the receiver (600) does not include a firewire (I know it's not exactly) output. Am I missing something obvious here? Keeping it anyway!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
The demo tape @ 28.8Mbs easily trounces the best material PBS has ever shown. If movies are in fact run at this bit-rate, this should be the end-all-be-all in picture quality.
The demo tape had no visible noise or artifacting, and razor sharp detailing. PBS and other live HD events look great, but after seeing just this demo tape, OTA is starting to look iffy. Everytime the bar is raised, we get pickier and pickier.
Death to optical :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've seen artifacts (other than interlaced ones) in 1080i OTA from the beginning...some broadcasts much worse than others.

I'm really excited about this. Unfortunately, I'll be cash-locked on this issue until around XMas, but I'll have to grin and bear it.

I love FOX.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'll definitely be interested in this unit once the JVC Dish Network receiver comes out this summer with the DVI output that will connect with their VCR.

Karl L

Agent
Hey Chris, think I'm ready to pick up one of these decks and just hope for the best (minimal audio/video dropouts). Mind pm'ing me with the place your getting that price at?

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Thanks. Perry, tell me more about the new JVC dish receiver. Are you talking Dish Network? I have Dish, but do not yet have an HC receiver. This sounds perfect if it connects directly to the D-VHS unit.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Chris!
Could you possibly send me an E-mail too? I'd be really grateful!!
Peace! D Mack

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You can get the JVC unit for less then $900 at Brandsmart.. if you buy with an HDTV big screen >$3000 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks