What's new

D-Tox aka Eye See You is great! The 'new' Stallone film. (1 Viewer)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
"Natural selection. Born to win. Born to lose. Born to die.
Three situations that make up everything in the world. No interference is necessary. But interference happens. So if you remove the authority, the police, then you'll see life as god intended it to be. Without police, the weak and diseased would be gone. Streets red with blood, the way nature intended it to be."

You might remember this movie or might not, it's been shelved for some strange reason for 2 years but finally released in theaters in UK this February and on DVD this June, I've just watched the R2 dvd of D-Tox which is what it was renamed from Eye See You, which was a better title because the phrase is prominently featured in the film.
I wasn't expecting much but still I like Stallone and the movie delivered and how! First of all it's definetly way better than Get Carter (which was ok) and even better than undeservingly lambasted Driven (If you cound the 50mins of deleted scenes of character development). Now I believe this was filmed even before the aforementioned two.
It starts out intriguingly and proceeds to be very claustrophobic, changing its pace and location and mood entirely when we move to an isolated 50's radar installation somewhere cold and snowy, where the rest of the film unfolds. It's a first rate thriller/whodunnit which closer to the end turns into a bit of a shasher, well it is the director of I Know What You Did Last Summer after all.
The killer has killed 9 cops by the time the film even starts, and proceeds to do a horrible thing that puts Stallone's FBI agent over the edge which leads to him being forwarded to that interesting institution, lead "by a former cop for the cops".
Cast is great too, Charles S. Dutton, Jeffrey Wright, Sean Patrick Flanery, Robert Patrick (nice SWAT psycho guy) and Dina Meyer as Stallone's wife.
I just wanted to know if anyone's seen it and what they thought of it, if not, I definetly recommend you get this disc.
There are also 12 mins of deleted scenes which should have been left in, besides the movie is just 90 mins anyway. A 4 min "Wrap reel" which is shown to the cast and crew after shooting wraps and consists of scenes edited together with electronic music, very cool, and a 2 min theatrical trailer.
Transfer is great, not superbit quality, blacks are greyish but it's the best we're gona get I suppose. 5.1 sound is perfect, the score of the film is wonderful, adds to the eerie atmosphere of the Detox complex. "If you can't laugh at the cops being locked up like criminals then what can you laugh at?" It's unpredictable, I loved it!

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you buy this title at? I just purchased a region free DVD player and this is a title I'd love to have.

Thanks

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I coulda sworn I've seen this title here in Sweden. Knowing Stallone's track record lately, I passed over it. I can try to remember whe I've seen it, and repost with more information.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Right, bensonsworld has free delivery worldwide and I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them already, they're trustworthy.
Get all the Stargate SG-1 volumes from them, now on sale almost 50% off, complete up to and including season 5, and Farscape in the middle of Season 3, etc.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
The Australian R4 version is released in August.
Also from Universal (same version as UK R2 disk its dual encoded R2&4 - they just had to put up with a longer rental window).

Main advantage is price at AUS$20 (up for pre-order at ezydvd) which means around USD13 rather than USD$25 for the currently available UK version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks