What's new

D/A Question??/ (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
A couple of questions, regarding a D/A Converter and an Audiotron.....

Is a D/A used for people who have an older receiver with only 1 digital in/out (being used by DVD player)?

And on the conection side, Toshlink from the auditron to the D/A Converter, analog outs of the D/A converter to analog in's on the reciever?

Thanks
R~

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Rhett

Sounds logical, but the Audiotron looks like it has analog outs which you could connect directly to the receiver. unless of course you want to use an external DAC

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
FeisalK

Thanks for the info, but from I have been reading in numerous forums is that the analog outs on the audiotron are not the best sound......so what a lot of people have been doing is using a D/A converter....I was just curious if I was understanding it right.

Thanks again..
R~

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Rhett .. ok makes sense

Is a D/A used for people who have an older receiver with only 1 digital in/out (being used by DVD player)?
typically people use DACs because the quality of onboard DACs is comparatively lacking (as you say in the case of the Audiotron) so i guess that would work for you. Course with a newer receiver it would 1) have newer DAcs and 2) additional Optical inputs, altough you will want to keep your method if you'd gotten a good DAC :)

I just saw that Audiotron isnt available elsewhere.. *sigh*

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
1) have newer DAcs and 2) additional Optical inputs, altough you will want to keep your method if you'd gotten a good DAC
Yeah I have thought of that too......I am looking at the B&K ref 50 and 200.7 which should cover all my needs just fine :D but until then......

What do you mean by you can't find the auditron anywhere?

Thanks
R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks