What's new

Cynthia Myers website confirms Criterion will do Beyond The V Of The D (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Despite considering myself a Russ Meyer fan, I've never liked this movie. I'll rent it, of course, and hope to change my tune!

But I think Criterion should have started with "Faster, Pussycat, Kill! Kill!". I don't think I'm alone in considering that one to be Meyer's best, though I guess I'm fairly well alone in my dismissal of "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls". In fact, I'd rather see "Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens" before "Dolls", but preferably any of the early, classic Meyer over these or the other latter-era titles.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Rich,

I'm with you all the way. It looks like I'll be giving BTVOTD another try though. I'll hold on to my double feature LD of Motor Psycho & Faster Pussycat.

Chris Clark

Agent
Wow.
I keep expecting this news to originate from some kind of bizarro alternate reality, but I'm not complaining.
Let's hope Ebert chips in on a commentary track on his contribution to this film.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to be a voice of skepticism -- because I really want a BVD DVD --but that "news" has been posted on Ms Myers's website for awhile. (Since June, apparently, based on the reference to the Hollywood Collector's Show further up on the page. I saw this post several weeks ago in any case.)

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but it sounds like the poster on the Myers page may be referring back to this forum... all the news on this title seems to refer back to the question posed to Peter Staddon in the Fox chat hosted by this forum several months ago! Ms Myers is "standing by ready" to contribute to the DVD, but there is nothing to suggest she has been contacted by anyone producing the disk. Maybe the reason that it "looks like Criterion will be taking on the task" is that that rumor has been making the rounds on the net based on speculation sparked by Mr. Staddon's comments!

Still we get no news from Fox or Criterion (or Image or Anchor Bay...)

I'm not suggesting that the title isn't on its way, but I've seen nothing that I would rank as a "confirmation."

And I freaking love this movie.

Somehow I think it may be easier for Criterion (or Image or Anchor Bay...) to reach an agreement with Fox than Russ Meyer himself (who presumably controls the rights to Faster Pussycat (who is so presumably vigilant about maintaining control of his copyrights due to his experience working for 20th Century Fox, but I digress...))

And I'm also EAGERLY awaiting confirmation of a Criterion Collection special edition DVD of 3 Women...

Look on up at the bottom.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
What - no mention that Cynthia was almost killed in an accident earlier this year (or was it last year? - I'm not certain)? Apparently she's ok now.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ill buy it - remastered Erica Gavin & Cynthia Myers naked :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks