CyberHome DVDRecorder

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MikeSh, Aug 15, 2004.

1. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

Target has one of these offered for sale at US $198.00 this week. I have never heard of the brand before and a search here returns 0 results.

Is anyone familiar with this brand?

I'm looking for an inexpensive DVD recorder to move some shows off of my DirecTV/Tivo unit and some VHS tapes to DVD.
    I'm thinking that this might be a useable solution.

MikeS.

2. Jeffrey Taylor

I can't comment on their dvd recorder, but Cyberhome is a legit brand that sources their goods from several Chinese factories. I have one of their $29 players that appears very stylish and nicely made but balks at dvd-r's, and also have one of their 7" portable players that's perfect so far. You can check out their website for more info.

3. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

hi, this reply maybe to late to help you but before I got my liteon 5005 I had the cyberhome for a week, overall it was a good recorder for the price but it has had some quality issues...mine died after a week so I chose not to replace it with another cyberhome but the return rate is only about 25% according to a guy at radio shack. most problems appear to be with the machine locking up, you have to disconect power to get it to work again. I honestly think what happened to mine is I had to do this one time and I had a dvd in it....when it booted back up somehow the dvd rewrote trash to the firmware, it was a paperwieght afterwards. Scott (very happy with the liteon 5005 though)