What's new

Cyberhome CH-DVD 300/S Sound Quality? (1 Viewer)

GaryAR

Agent
I was looking for a CD player for my bedroom 2-channel system, and this one came up as being a good bargain. Although I won't be using it for DVDs (no tv up there) I figured it'd make a decent enough cd player.

Unfortunately, I got it home and the sound is horrible. There's a popping sound that happens every few seconds, in both speakers. Possibly a bad capacitor or something. Also, the high end is just gone... makes my speakers sound like the tweeters are blown. My question for anyone that owns this player is how is the sound quality? Should I return it for another one, and can I expect decent performance? Should I spend a little more money and get something better?

Thanks
-Gary

James Edward

Supporting Actor

Yes. And you'd probably be better off getting a CD player- there would likely be more attention paid to how it sounds; those cheap DVD players don't really do anything particularly well.

GaryAR

Agent
Thanks for the reply. I ended up taking it back, and spending the same $50 for a used Sony ES cd player that sold for $300 a year ago. Should be a much better way to go :)

-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks