Cuts in 24 Season 2 ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Anthony Neilson, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Forgive me if there's a thread on this but the search function was bringing me no joy.

Anyway, a friend of mine was watching the R2 set of 24 Season 2 and, when I asked them what they thought of the infamously ridiculous moment when Kim is briefly threatened by a cougar, they didn't know what I was talking about.

So was this moment cut out by embarrassed programme-makers ? I remember that this "cliff-hanger" was disposed of pretty swiftly. Or was my friend just taking a whizz at the time ?

2. SimonTemplar

SimonTemplar Stunt Coordinator

The cougar scene has not been cut. As far as I am aware the r2 release is complete.
    D

3. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    No, unfortunately the R2 is not complete. But it's not the cougar scene that has been cut.
    DVDCompare.net has a comparison of various regions, and the following line has been cut from the UK version:

"You ever hear of the Finsbury Park Mosque? It's considered one of the main recruitment centers for Islamic terrorists in the West."

This has been pre-cut by FOX, and would have appeared in episode "1pm - 2pm".

Chris