What's new

CustomHT DVD (1 Viewer)

Gary_R

Agent
I'm interested in the Custom DVD home theater entry disc (www.customHT.com) that provides a visual and audio representation of your theater to guests. I have a CD progrm that's similar, but I'm wondering if any forum mebers have tried the DVD.
-- Gary

Gregg Laiben

Auditioning
Yes, I ordered one and absolutely LOVE it. The audience is totally bowled over when they see my theatre logo come up on the big screen. The DVD has a 10 minute countdown to showtime with great graphics and sound, including a series of trivia movie questions. There's even an announcement to turn off pagers & cellphones and an ad for the concession stand.
The designer (Don Holland) was great to work with and helped me make sure the logo fit properly. You can't beat the price - i've seen folks selling these for 5-7 times the price!
A very satisfied customer...gregg
http://www.laiben.com/ht

D

Deleted member 270281

I love mine too, it really grabs the attention of people who see it

Andrew

Gregg Laiben

Auditioning
It's been a few months since I ordered it, but I recall it was in the $80 range.

Swapping discs is a bit of a slowdown, but folks are usually chatting a bit after the trivia contest. The time changing discs is negligible and usually not noticed.

...gregg

Ross Gerin

Auditioning
Does anyone know of some simple software to generate basic animation for a similar style of "pre-movie presentation"? eg. rotating, scrolling text. The target medium would be CDRom cos, hey, who has a DVD burner?!

Obviously the final product would be not be as complicated nor polished as the styles listed here but it would be fun none-the-less. It's going to be interesting to see what tools come on the market when DVD authoring kicks off (and burners are affordable).

BTW...looks like a great service and cheap with the benefits of 5.1 sound.[/size]

Gary_R

Agent
I think a DIY job, on a large, front projection screen, would look like just that: a simple animation with jaggies galore. I see what work many put into similar animations and I, for one, don't think I could ever even approximate what they've done. The asking price for the professional version is around $90, reasonable in the circumstances.

-- Gary

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
So you can have your theater logo put into the DVD also? Cool! I thought it was only the theater name, not the logo too. I'll have to keep this in mind!

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
On the DIY route. The software you would need to create an animated video would be considerably more than the purchase price of the custom DVD. I use Lightwave at work and it runs just shy of $3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks