Custom Tuned SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Lee M T, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

To the SVS experts around here...there seem to be many. [​IMG]

I'm ordering tonight! Hopefully. I would like to get the 25-31PCi tuned to 22Hz. During the online ordering process, will that be an option? Or do I need to order a different way?

Thanks,
    Lee

2. Robert*S

Robert*S Stunt Coordinator

Hey Lee,
    I ordered a 25-31PCi and then emailed SVS and told them I just ordered a sub, order #00000, and would like to have it tuned to 22Hz. I got a reply about 40 minutes later saying no problem! It's that easy! [​IMG]

By the way this subwoofer is awesome! It is by far the best HT purchase I have made (other than the widescreen hdtv).
    For a more detailed review see my post in the "Not happy with SVS thread" page 4, I think.

rob.

3. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Awesome Robert. Thanks for chiming in. I just placed the order. I wrote in the comment box on the order form, and in an E-mail, my customization requirement. I've spoken with Tom before and he gets a [​IMG] from me.

I can't wait to get this thing! It is going to rock my house down. This is going in a room with the dimensions of 11' x 10' x 9'. [​IMG]

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    When I ordered mine during the summer sale of '02, I too had it tuned to 22Hz, and also need it set to 220V/50Hz electricity. No problems at all. Top notch customer service from SVS, as always [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

When you get it - one way to be "sure" you got the 22 Hz tune (and SVS hasn't missed a request yet), is that the 25 Hz vent is 12" long, and the 22 Hz vent is 15" long.

If it's killing you to be absolutely sure, you can always remove the grille and measure the vent length.

6. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Excellent info Edward. I feel safe with these guys though. I just received my E-mail confirmation. Looks like the backorder problem has been cut down dramatically too. Tom said it would only take 2-3 days for my sub to leave now. Great news!