Custom ThinPak covers for The X-Files season boxsets

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Simon, May 3, 2003.

1. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

I'm trying to design some custom covers so I can move my X-Files seasons into ThinPaks. I just thought I'd post 2 examples of what I've got and see what kind of suggestions I can get.

Season 1, Disc 1
    Season 4, Disc 3

I used a color highlight on the spine to help differentiate between the seasons (since the spines are so thin). Other than that, it's a pretty basic design. I'm still considering maybe changing the cover art to a more unique design for each case, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much time on each one. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

2. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Nice overall, but I'd put disc numbers on the front cover too. And those season "highlights" on the spine don't really match the color of the sets.

3. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

I'm glad someone else is thinking like this (me'thinks series 7 and up will be this way...) I'm working on Buffy myself and a few others...

Picked up 'Son of the Beach' today and it was thinpak'ed.. and saw Twilight Zone collections 3,4 and 5 all thinpak'ed.

I would be interested in them when you finish...

4. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

Thanks for the comments. I completely forgot to put disc numbers on the front cover, so I'll try to do that next. As for the spine color, I realize that they don't match the season colors very well, but it was the best I can do. It's fairly difficult to find a specific shade that looks uniform, so I just chose colors that would be easy to differentiate between seasons.

And Rick, I actually doubt that Fox will change the packaging style at this point. I could be wrong, but I suspect they'll stick to the folding cases for the current shows and start using ThinPak for new television series. I guess we'll see.

Thanks again.

5. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

Very nicely done.

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Rick, I'd be interested in your Buffy art, even though I dont see a point to putting Buffy in thinPaks since the box set foldy-thing is already pretty thin!

But I'm a fan of the show, so I'd love a peek when you're done anyhow!

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Will, it takes an entire couch to fold Buffy out. I'd like thin packs myself.

8. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

9. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

I've finished the first season of The X-Files. After looking at it for a while, I decided to leave the disc number off the front cover since I couldn't find a way that didn't just looky cheesy.

I'm hoping DVDCoverArt will host them soon, but until then I thought I'd preview my disc 7 cover art. This was a little different from the other discs, so again I thought I'd see what you thought.

Season 1, Disc 7

Oh, and Dan, if you want ThinPaks, I'll be glad to fold Buffy out on my couch... [​IMG]

10. Jari

Jari Stunt Coordinator

Great looking covers John! Hope you have enough stamina to make the rest ones as well.

11. MarkBurton

MarkBurton Second Unit

Rick, that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

12. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

I prefer to fold Buffy out on my ottoman, but that's just me. [​IMG]

Count me in as being interested in seeing your ThinPak versions of Buffy.

13. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Any word on those Buffy covers? I have a stack of ThinPaks in dire need of inserts. [​IMG]

-Dave