What's new

Custom ThinPak covers for The X-Files season boxsets (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm trying to design some custom covers so I can move my X-Files seasons into ThinPaks. I just thought I'd post 2 examples of what I've got and see what kind of suggestions I can get.

Season 1, Disc 1
Season 4, Disc 3

I used a color highlight on the spine to help differentiate between the seasons (since the spines are so thin). Other than that, it's a pretty basic design. I'm still considering maybe changing the cover art to a more unique design for each case, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much time on each one. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Nice overall, but I'd put disc numbers on the front cover too. And those season "highlights" on the spine don't really match the color of the sets.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I'm glad someone else is thinking like this (me'thinks series 7 and up will be this way...) I'm working on Buffy myself and a few others...

Picked up 'Son of the Beach' today and it was thinpak'ed.. and saw Twilight Zone collections 3,4 and 5 all thinpak'ed.

I would be interested in them when you finish...

John Simon

Second Unit
Thanks for the comments. I completely forgot to put disc numbers on the front cover, so I'll try to do that next. As for the spine color, I realize that they don't match the season colors very well, but it was the best I can do. It's fairly difficult to find a specific shade that looks uniform, so I just chose colors that would be easy to differentiate between seasons.

And Rick, I actually doubt that Fox will change the packaging style at this point. I could be wrong, but I suspect they'll stick to the folding cases for the current shows and start using ThinPak for new television series. I guess we'll see.

Thanks again.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Rick, I'd be interested in your Buffy art, even though I dont see a point to putting Buffy in thinPaks since the box set foldy-thing is already pretty thin!

But I'm a fan of the show, so I'd love a peek when you're done anyhow!

John Simon

Second Unit
I've finished the first season of The X-Files. After looking at it for a while, I decided to leave the disc number off the front cover since I couldn't find a way that didn't just looky cheesy.

I'm hoping DVDCoverArt will host them soon, but until then I thought I'd preview my disc 7 cover art. This was a little different from the other discs, so again I thought I'd see what you thought.

Season 1, Disc 7

Oh, and Dan, if you want ThinPaks, I'll be glad to fold Buffy out on my couch... :D

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Great looking covers John! Hope you have enough stamina to make the rest ones as well.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
I prefer to fold Buffy out on my ottoman, but that's just me. :D

Count me in as being interested in seeing your ThinPak versions of Buffy.

Dave F

Effects Supervisor
Any word on those Buffy covers? I have a stack of ThinPaks in dire need of inserts. :)

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazt
Recent bookmarks