Custom Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geno, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

I am building some designer speakers from scratch for my HT and I wanted to see what options I have. As far as raw OEM speakers are concerned, which tweeters are the best and which speakers produce the best "warmest" lows. I am mostly into music therefore I will not have a sub, only quad sound. so I dont need a Velodyne or nothing like that. I have heard that Infinity Perfects are pretty amazing but I wanted to get THE FORUM's opinions.

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Why limit yourself to OEM drivers when there are many equal or better drivers out there for the general public?
    I would recommend looking at the loudspeaker selection guide at: http://www.snippets.org/ldsg/intro.php3
    It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going.

3. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Well I am sort of a nostalgic. I have 3 old EV t-35 tweeters going into my main front three speakers but I wanted to match their capabilities in my surround speakers too. I dont want to pay ebay prices for more t-35's either. My father had a hi-fi store back in the 60's and Im using alot of his old equipment. I just wish I could use his voice of the theater Altecs. But they wont fit in my apartment. Because I have an apartment though, I am limited on placement of the speakers and the amount of power I push thru them. Any advice would be helpful.