Custom soundtracks on GTA ... problems anyone??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith_R, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, I know this was touched on briefly in some of the threads about the GTA games on XBox but I haven't seen any followups about this so I figured I'd start a thread about it.

It seems as though on my copy of the GTA Double Pack for XBox I'm having custom soundtrack problems, it seems only to happen with Vice City, but basically my custom soundtracks seem to drop out for brief 1 or 2 second periods and than come back. Sort of like skipping but not. I know a few of you in the GTA thread were having problems like this and was wondering if anyone else has had this occur with their copies of their otherwise great game. So far I've had no problems with the GTA3 side of the double pack and have only had problems with the Vice City side of it. So far I've used both CD-RW and the music mixer PC to XBox transfer tool to transfer tool to get these tracks on my XBox. Both times same problems in Vice City. Aside from the dropouts/skipping custom soundtracks are great. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Ive had skipping problems as well. There was one time where I changed the radio station at the very last second my custom music was about to end, then switched it back for the last second. It cut out, and made all of the other stations silent until I rebooted. [​IMG]

Weird glitch, but still a great game.

3. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I haven't had a problem with the preprogrammed radio stations, only the custom "tape deck" channel. The funny thing is that according to MS, this isn't a problem with the game because the music streams from the HDD. I tried it in other games and so far no problem with those so it must be the game. I wonder if it depends on what XBox you have, any thoughts?