Custom one of a kind Dual Dish Network 942 HDTV PVR setup with swapable drives

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Gary Murrell, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Gary Murrell

Gary Murrell Supporting Actor

Hello

Guys I have a here a custom one of a kind Dual Dish Network 942 HDTV PVR setup that can enable you to build yourself a HDTV library very easily and pain free, let me explain:

This system consists of 2 Dish Network 942 receivers, yes 2!!, one unit is designated for playback and the other unit is designated for recording and subscription to Dish Network

These units are standard with a 250GB Sata Hard drive, to enable Hard Drive swapping one must modify the units to have the hard drive outside of the receiver so one can power down and swap Hard drives in and out

The first main receiver that is to be subscribed to Dish Network for recording purposes was purchased brand new from a authorized Dish dealer around 5 weeks ago, it is fully capable to be subscribed to Dish because it will be removed from my upstanding Dish account with no charges whatsoever, I can provide smart card numbers and receiver numbers

again this main receiver is 100% ready to be activated on your dish account, it was deactivated from my Dish account which is very upstanding and in order

the second 942 receiver has a different story, it was purchased on ebay with no prior history known, it comes to find out that the unit is owed a balance by dish and cannot be activated under your account, but this is the good part this unit is for playback only of hard drives recorded on the main Dish 942 receiver you have activated with Dish

tHat is the beauty of this system, one receiver is your main subscribed receiver that does all your recording, the hard drives ont hat receiver are fully capable of being played back on the other receiver that cannot be subcribed

quite simply it is as easy as:

palcing a fresh hard drive into the modified subscribed receiver, you fill it up with 25 hours of HD programming, you then power down and unplug the receiver and replace the hard drive with a fresh new one, the hard drive you just filled up can be played back 100% on the second receiver that I have designated for playback only

Both receivers are in great working order, both have been modified to have their hard drive power cables and sata cables to be outside the unit to allow for simple easy swapping of Hard drives

Also included are the 2 original 250gb Hard drives that were inside both receivers

There is also a set list of Hard Drives that will work in these units, I will supply you with this list of Hard Drives that will work in these units

I know this sounds complicated but once you see these setup in action you will be awed and have yourself a HD library built in no time, the only limit is how many Hard Drives you can afford to buy[​IMG]

Both receivers include 100% of the original accessories/remotes/manuals everything is included with both receivers

Of course I will help the buyer out with this setup if he needs it, this is so easy to use that I doubt you will need it at all

I am serious this is a pie setup to work, the only thing you have to do is power down between swapping of Hard Drives and that is basically it

the Hard drives are both filled with plenty of movies also, around 30 in total

I have found that you can actually fit 1675 mins worth of HDTV material on each drive, or roughly 15 movies

the hard drives available that work with this unit are both Western Digital and Maxtor

I have also labeled each receiver as to which is which, including remotes and everything, for your convienence

You may also check out this page for all the specs on the 42 receiver, It is the best yet from dish:

]http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...hd/index.shtml

the retail price on both these receivers is 1300$ buying them straight out, these have been modified and are ready to go for you so my price below is a steal

my Price is 1050$ for this one of a kind setup and I will ship for free

I am only selling because I have a wealth of HDTV content already and I need the money

here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would also like to give the buyer peace of mind that I have over 1800 positive comments on ebay and have done hundreds of deals here on videogon and on the AVS forum where I am a veteran member, you can also find me discussing this setup on the AVS, if you search hard enough[​IMG]

I would like to accept paypal for this transaction, you may email me at gmurrell1 "at" bigsandybb.com or call me at 1-606-886-3613

I will be putting this item up for sale on ebay for around 1500$ but I wanted to offer it to the guys like me on these forums before I put on the Flea

Thanks for viewing and God Bless

-Gary

2. Gary Murrell

Price Lowered

This is a great deal for this one of a kind setup, start building yourself a HDTV library today

Dish has well over 20 HDTV channels now, with so many movies playing all day that your head will spin

You are only limited to how much HDTV you can record by how many hard drives you can buy

each (less than 100$) hard drive can hold 15 full quality HDTV movies or roughly 28 hours of HDTV material

hard drives that work for example are the western digital wd2500jd and the maxtor 7Y250M0

I am willnig to help the buyer get going, but this is so easy that won't be needed

I will be putting this item up on ebay next week, my items there always have much interest due to my upstanding 8 year ebay record, so if you are interested don't hesitate, my price will be 1400$ on ebay

please email gmurrell1 "at" bigsandybb.com for any questions or to purchase

Thanks for viewing

-Gary

3. Gary Murrell

Price lowered to 1050$ shipped, I need to sell this to pay some bills guys, help me out[​IMG] In return you get to be able to archive HDTV to your heart's content

Hard Drive prices are falling rapidly, 250gb drives that work in these units are down to 79.99$ at some places

-Gary