Custom made DVD management software to control my DVD changer

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Josh Meier, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Josh Meier

Josh Meier Agent

You guys may have seen that I use a DVD mega-changer to store my DVDs. As you can imagine managing the location of 400 DVDs can be a real challenge, so I decided to do something a bit fun.

I wrote a custom piece of software that catalogs my movies and also controls the DVD changer.

You can read more about it here.

I am considering refining the software a bit and releasing it for public consumption, and maybe even putting together a whole package, IR transmitter, touch screen, computer, etc.

2. Jeff_A_G

Jeff_A_G Stunt Coordinator

ummmmmmmmmm..........I guess genius is the only word that comes to mind. Thats some awesome programming ability and a sweet interface. Congrats!

3. John Arnett Jr.

John Arnett Jr. Auditioning

Sup Josh,

I got the same changer last christmas. I have since been using you as a idea reference for the movie cards. I too have found this to be a huge task. Since I have 320+ movies, I have for now just made an excel file with the Slot Numbers/Movie Names.

How can I get my hands on your latest project? Keep up the great work man. Keep me posted.

Thanks John A...

4. Josh Meier

Josh Meier Agent

I am debating whether or not to release it to the public. If I did I would probably charge something for it, simply to recoup some of my time, however I would also need beta testers [​IMG]

I am considering packaging the whole thing up, computer, touchscreen, IR transmitter, etc.

Would you be interested in such a thing?

5. John Arnett Jr.

John Arnett Jr. Auditioning

Yeah, I would be interested in that bro.. Let me know, it sounds and looks great.

Thanks John A...