What's new

Custom made DVD management software to control my DVD changer (1 Viewer)

Josh Meier

Agent
You guys may have seen that I use a DVD mega-changer to store my DVDs. As you can imagine managing the location of 400 DVDs can be a real challenge, so I decided to do something a bit fun.

I wrote a custom piece of software that catalogs my movies and also controls the DVD changer.

You can read more about it here.

I am considering refining the software a bit and releasing it for public consumption, and maybe even putting together a whole package, IR transmitter, touch screen, computer, etc.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
ummmmmmmmmm..........I guess genius is the only word that comes to mind. Thats some awesome programming ability and a sweet interface. Congrats!

John Arnett Jr.

Auditioning
Sup Josh,

I got the same changer last christmas. I have since been using you as a idea reference for the movie cards. I too have found this to be a huge task. Since I have 320+ movies, I have for now just made an excel file with the Slot Numbers/Movie Names.

How can I get my hands on your latest project? Keep up the great work man. Keep me posted.

Thanks John A...

Josh Meier

Agent
I am debating whether or not to release it to the public. If I did I would probably charge something for it, simply to recoup some of my time, however I would also need beta testers :D

I am considering packaging the whole thing up, computer, touchscreen, IR transmitter, etc.

Would you be interested in such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks