What's new

Custom LOTR Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been saying that I was gonna take a crack at using the teaser posters for alternate LOTR covers.

These are for the Theatrical releases. Here's what I have so far...

Bigger Version

Bigger Version

At first I was trying to frame the pix in a leather looking cover, (Maybe another version of the EE?) but then I just decided to go bigger and simpler. I obviously haven't worked on the backs yet.

Comments are welcome.

Ric

Dave-Q-H

Agent
they make me wish I had a good printer!

the official releases should have used the same art - TTT's cover is particularly awful, IMO

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
very cool. I love the runic and the elvish (Err....maybe its black speech, i dunno whatever it is, but its cool...:D)Also, cool usage of Tolkiens cool logo. they should have put that on the EEs.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Here is the finished FOTR.

Bigger Version

I think it's finished anyway. We'll see after the boys at DVD Cover Art are done scrutinizing it!

I shrunk the runes down a bit. I also changed the spine so that FOTR is beside LOTR. I always thought it was too small on the spine to be underneath.

I did not break up the back into two discs, just listed the special features. I think folks will know that the movie is included.

I won't complete The Two Towers until I can get a look at the real thing.

Ric

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Again, realy very nice.

Although, you should remove the DTS logo. That's not on the TE, just the EE.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Great work, as usual. :emoji_thumbsup: How about a less-cluttered version without the runes (keep the Tolkien logo)? :)

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent work. It's nice to still see threads regarding cover art given Fox's recent clampdown on Copyright/trademark designs. Thank goodness a fan favorite like LotR isn't in there hands

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator
Ric:

Middle-earth/Middle-Earth
Cate Blanchet/Cate Blanchett
May it Be/May It Be

Can't read the fine print.

Great work!

Regards
Chris

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Dang that DTS Logo! I'll replace it with a Region 1 logo. And thanks for catching the spelling mistakes! One question though... my DVD spells Middle-earth with a little "e" It seemed kinda' funny to me as well, but I went with it. Did they (and I) do it incorrectly?

Someone over at DVD Cover Art said I should lose the title on the back. The reasoning being that by now you know what DVD you are looking at. So I may replace that with something else, like the movie description.

Of course, if I get my Season 4 of ST:DS9 in the mail today, this will be taking a back seat!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the final update!

Bigger Version

I got rid of the endless list under the lordoftherings.net features, its now just listed as one item. DTS is gone, replaced by a Region 1 logo and I also got rid of the title on the back and put in a tag-line and a description. I'm also spelling Middle-Earth with a capital E!

I printed one up, it looks pretty good! For those interested, I'll put it on my site soon, and also send it off to DVD Cover Art. I'll do The Two Towers after its released.

Ric

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ric, those covers are absolutely fantastic. I just hope New Line puts out a "matching" RotK teaser poster so you can complete the set next year!!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I just hope New Line puts out a "matching" RotK teaser poster
Yeah, I know what you mean. Right now they have a poster with Aragorn's big ol' mug on it. Not sure how that's gonna work for me.

That row of Runes is not going to look to slick goin' thru his forehead!

Ric

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Ric, any chance you'll adapt these for use with six- or seven-disc cases? It'd be great to be able to use this artwork to house both editions of each film :emoji_thumbsup:

Pretty please with sugar on top? :D:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks