What's new

Custom Inserts: Mickey Mouse in Living Color (1 Viewer)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Hi there, fellow HTFers!
A while back, like many of you, I purchased the Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color set. Great set, and as a fan of Disney (more of the business/theme park side than the characters, but who could pass this set up?), I really enjoyed watching it in my spare time.
One thing that frustrated me, however, was the lack of information included with this package, namely the specific dates when these shorts came out, what their original order was, and maybe some information about them. So I set out to create just a simple list for myself that I could stick inside the "insert clips" of the keepcase to provide a little more value and info upon repeat viewing.
I ended up firing up good ole Microsoft Excel and got a little more involved than I had originally intended, but the end result was pleasing. I borrowed the helpful review information from LaughingPlace.com combined it with some dates and details I had found elsewhere on the Web, and then tried to figure out how to format and print out the darn thing so that it looked somewhat useful.
Having put all the time into this, I thought it might be nice to share with you all, should you find the custom inserts the least bit helpful with your collection. They aren't graphic design masterpieces like you'd find over at DVDCoverArt, but they do have useful info that I felt added to my viewing experience. (I laminated mine and they hold up nicely). I hope they help you as well.
I converted each insert into PDF format so that they print correctly on your printer (hopefully!), and all are contained in the zipped file that is linked to below. Your feedback, corrections, suggestions, and whatever are welcomed. I've learned a lot from this forum in the few months that I've been a member, and I wanted to give a little something back.
Have a great day! :)
- Steve
Click for listing of available inserts

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Thanks for the info, I was also disappointed that no summary inserts were included in the case.
Any chance of you making one of these for the Merrie Melodies sets?:D

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I think you mean Silly Symphonies. :)
There's a lot of Merry Melodies, but only on LD.:frowning: pity.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Very nice and quite useful. I especially like the sections about "uncensored" moments. Great work! Thanks!

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

Great effort, thanks! I don't always have time to watch a cartoon before the show, so I have been going trough these slowly. Now I can keep track of where I am. Awesome.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Great Work!
I was so excited about the Treasures edition
of DVD's that I got silver double disc DVD cases
from www.inetdvd.com and replaced the black cases.
The silver cover looks perfect with the silver
cases, now I have a great set of inserts!
Thanks again.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Small error... :D
Mickey's Trailer is a bit grainy, but The Brave Little Tailor isn't. The "grain" is actually cel dust, which would be invisible in the theater.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Hello Steve,

I hope you will have a chance to make an index for
the color Mickey Mouse set when it comes out.
Your index is a very nice addition to the b&w set.

Best regards,

Enrique

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks