Custom Inserts: Disneyland USA

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steven Wesley, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Hi there everyone!

Last year, I posted two sets of custom inserts I created for the Walt Disney Treasures collections... one for Mickey Mouse in Living Color (click for thread) and one for Silly Symphonies (click for thread). For those of you who aren't familiar with these projects, they started as something I did personally because I thought the information that came with these sets was lacking. So I fired up Microsoft Excel and cranked something out to stick in those DVD cases. I shared them with the community, and have been getting "hints" to do more ever since. (I like to give myself additional work to do, I guess [​IMG] )

After a small delay, I've got another custom set for you guys if you want it... Disneyland USA.

What is of interest with this collection is that among the 4 shows featured, 3 were modified in some capacity for the DVD. Using various sources from around the Web, I tried to make some sense of all these changes with some comparisons and explanations as best as I could figure out (but if you know better, please let me know).

I want to thank the helpful reviewers at LaughingPlace.com, Bill Griffiths' article at StartedByAMouse.com, the gang at The Disney Music Discussion Forum, and others for their help in gathering some of the research for this set of inserts. They did all the hard work, I just compiled it into a handy format. (I tweaked the format a little with this set as well, hopefully making it clearer to read compared to the last two sets).

Like previous versions, I converted each insert into PDF format so that they print correctly on your printer. All are contained in the zipped file that can be found at the link below. As always, your feedback, corrections, suggestions, and whatever are welcomed. Thanks for your interest in the inserts.

Have a great day! (Next project... Mickey Mouse in Black & White [​IMG] )

- Steve

Click for listing of available inserts

2. Enrique B Chamorro

Enrique B Chamorro Supporting Actor

Glad to see you are back in the game!!
    I am still holding my breath to see what the B&W look like.
    Keep up the good work and nice web page layout.
    [​IMG]

3. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

[​IMG]

Thank you Steve for all the hardwork! I meant to print up a set for my Treasure tins so far, but forgot to do it till today.

Look forward to the B&W list later.

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Looking forward very much to Mickey B&W...and Complete Goofy, and..... [​IMG]

Thanks for putting all this effort in!!!

5. Scott Hamilton

Scott Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

Steve great work and great web site...

If you ever great a chance a small request as I know it is not easy and requires a lot of time...

Walt Disney Treasures: Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio

Thanks

Scott

6. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. Glad you find them helpful. Next on the platter is the B&W set, as Enrique has been quite patient in his requests for that [​IMG]

I'd like to do Goofy as well... the Behind the Scenes one would be a bit of a challenge, but I'll see what I can dig up. The hardest part is finding material and information.

Again, thanks for your interest.

- Steve