Custom Entertainment Wall

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by VickiBo, Apr 5, 2006.

1. VickiBo

VickiBo Auditioning

I'm looking for pictures and advice on building a custom home entertainment wall. This will not be a full fledged HT as discussed in the majority of this forum, however I am looking for pictures and experience to assist with designing the wall unit in my home.

The room is 15 x 21 with a 9+ foot Vaulted Ceiling (wood floors). I have a 60" Sony SXRD and various other components (receiver, DVD, Satellite box, VCR, CD player).
    I would like to put my Klipsch speakers behind panels but built into the wall...and leave the bottom corner open for the sub.

Any help or advice is appreciated.......

2. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

My stuff is built into the wall. Not a wooden shelf unit. I have access to all my equipment via another room behind the TV and AV equipment.HT PICS

3. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

Vicki,

What I would do is simply do an image seach with Google and seach for the term "entertainment center". I did, and got back a lot of pics. Should give you some great ideas.

Don

4. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

Vicki,
    I did something similar to what you are talking about. Pics are in my sig.
    All my speakers in in the wall, the screen is set back about 16" and all my equipment is inside the room behind the screen.
    Eventually I will build a cabinet under the center speaker to hold the DVD player and gaming system for easy access. All other equipment is in the room with IR repeater controlling it.
    I was able to use my existing speaker grills, just installed them directly to the drywall in stead of the speakers. Subs are still outside, I'm still up in the air on if I want them inside the room or not.
    Hope this helps..

5. VickiBo

VickiBo Auditioning

Thanks for the help.......I will keep searching. I am not building the room simply to be a theater, it is the family room in my home. However, I want the wall to stand-out and create the 'wow' factor when people come in.
    Thanks again,
    Vicki