What's new

Custom Double Sided Movie Poster Printing????? (1 Viewer)

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hi Everyone, This is my first time posting, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm posting this in right the place. Anyway, my fiancee and I are having a movie themed wedding. For our save the dates we modeled them after movie posters. My question is, does anyone know where I could get this printed 27" x 40" single sheet DS (double-sided) like real movie posters? I have found lots of places that can print 27" x 40" but they are all one sided like regular posters. The reason that I'm looking for a double-sided print is because I'm making light boxes for my movie posters and would like to include our wedding poster as well. I'm worried that making a traditional poster instead of a DS movie poster will wash out too much in the light box. thanks, phaeren86

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
In viewing more of the website I think this post belongs under: Members' Theaters, HT Projects, Remotes, Seating, Accessories & Lighting so if an admin could move the post or remove it so that I might repost under the right forum it would be greatly appreciated. -phaeren86

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Paul not sure you need a double sided print for this purpose. Back in the 80s when I did professional photography, we could get photos made up that were meant to be back light. I forget what we called them. The photos came mounted on a thick opaque plastic that was meant to have a light behind it. so us some pictures when you get it ready. Good luck! Gregg

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
I have already made the image file and I had it printed as a regular poster so I can always use that. Mainly i'm just worried about how much wash out I'm going to get. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will see if I can track down what it was called and see if it is a viable option. If nothing else, after making my light box I can try out and see how bad the wash out is. Although I would still love to be able to make double sided prints for future projects. So if anyone else out there has any ideas on where to look it would also be much appreciated. -phaeren86

idealz03

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hi Paul. Here's the problem you're going to encounter. Double-sided movie posters are printed on large off-set presses that only print in quantities of 500 minimum to an infinite number of prints. These presses are what pump out the movie posters we're all used to seeing at the theater. What you need is a duratran or back-lit print. Go to backlitposters.com . This is exactly what they produce. One-off custom posters printed on a film specifically designed for light-box application. And the prices are really good. 27" x 40" is one of their standard sizes. Good luck and congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks