What's new

Custom Cover for Terminator 2 (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Very Nice Job!! I wouldn't mind printing that artwork out just for my ultimate edition, I didn't buy the extreme. Is that artwork around for 1 disc ?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Nothing yet for a one disc. I didn't really see the need. Maybe in the future, which version did you like?

Sebastien,

You print it at the size it's already at, don't make any changes. Depending on whether you need the four disker or the three will determine which one you print up.

All of my covers need to be printed on legal size (8½" x 14") paper. Photo quality paper is the best, but unfortunately legal size photo paper is hard to come by. A solution that I have found is to get some 13" x 19 " photo paper. I use Epson's glossy Super A3. Cut each sheet into two 8½ x 13 sheets. While you end up with a sheet that's one inch shorter than legal size, the covers should still fit when printed up.

Using a photo editing program such as Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to print the covers is highly recommended. A lot of simple picture viewers have issues with images that are greater than 100dpi (dots per inch) The high-resolution images featured on my site are all 300dpi.

Make sure the printer is set to the best quality and that it is also set to landscape (or horizontal) mode. You also may be able to set the document so that it prints as close to the edge as possible. If the picture automatically defaults to the center, the cover may get cut off when using paper that is 13" long.

Hope that helps...

Good luck,
Ric

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Ric,

I'm normally not a custom cover kind of guy, but these are fantastic! I can hardly wait for my three-disc case to arrive.

If you're going to make revisions to these, the copy editor in me spotted a couple of things you might want to correct.

Under the Ultimate Edition Features, the opening quote marks for "The Making of T2" and "T2: More Than Meets the Eye" are backwards. Under Extreme Edition Disc 1, the "S" in Behind-the-Scenes should be uppercase. And the aspect ratio is listed as 2.35, but should be 2.35:1. You've written this exactly as it was on the actual case, so whether it should be corrected or not is open to debate.

Again, great covers, and I hope you don't mind the notes, but I figured if you were going to do another revision anyway you'd want to see them. (Now you know why copy editors aren't terribly well-liked in newsrooms!)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ken,
Thanks for the info. How did those damn quotation marks get backwards?! And y'know... I was thinking that maybe it should have been 2.35:1 but then I figured maybe this was acceptable too. You would have figured the professionals would have gotten it right!

Jeff,
I grabbed that logo from the web, been fussing with it, trying to make a black and white version. I tried scanning it from the back of the metal case but it looked just awful, I couldn't extract it from the background very well.

I'll see if I can fit in those logos (DTS and Van Ling)when I make the other corrections. No promises, though, there's not much room left! I'll also see about making the 4 disc version have two sections describing wha's on each disc.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
And in the middle of the raging controversy of custom made DVD Cover Art, I present the new "four disc" version.
  • I separated the features on each disc of the Ultimate Edition
  • Corrected backwards quotation marks
  • Inserted new dreaded trademark symbols and other logos ie: DTS, Van Ling, Soundtrack info, etc
  • Fixed the 2.35 so it says 2.35:1
  • Behind the Scenes... now with a capital S!

Bigger Version
Huge downloadable 300 dpi version

Now where's my damn copy editor, Ken Seeber? I need the mistakes caught before I make it official!

Ric Easton
Rogue Custom Cover Artist

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
And in the middle of the raging controversy of custom made DVD Cover Art, I present the new "four disc" version.

I separated the features on each disc of the Ultimate Edition

Corrected backwards quotation marks

Inserted new dreaded trademark symbols and other logos ie: DTS, Van Ling, Soundtrack info, etc

Fixed the 2.35 so it says 2.35:1

Behind the Scenes... now with a capital S!

Has this also been corrected for the 3 disc version?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
It's done, but not uploaded yet. I figured I'd wait to see if there were any other problems. Barring that, give it a day or so. I'll post when the 3 disc versions have been updated. Obviously they would have the same changes except for the first one on the above list. I could leave it the same on top (two sections) and just change the wording to Side A and Side B instead of Disc 1 and 2, but I think asthetically it looks better with the one long section on the top for the 3 discer. Does that make sense?

Ric
Rogue Custom Cover Artist

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Yo.. I have never inserted custom art but I am curious, is the resolution nice looking, would it make you say "that's not an 'official' cover?"

Regardless, those are really awesome Ric! (esp. the metallic one)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Bert

The resolution is set at 300dpi. Looks real nice and professional when printed on good paper.

Ric

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to eat up even more bandwidth, dude, but I'm going to get that corrected version now. It looks amazing. Thanks again, and kudos for all the hard and amazing work.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I could leave it the same on top (two sections) and just change the wording to Side A and Side B instead of Disc 1 and 2, but I think asthetically it looks better with the one long section on the top for the 3 discer. Does that make sense?
Absolutely, leave it one section.:emoji_thumbsup: Eagerly awaiting the updated 3-disc version...:D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I should have all corrected versions on my website sometime tonight. I'll submit them to DVDCA sometime over the weekend.

Ric

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Too many posts to go through, so I hope that someone can give me a quick answer here since I'm sure it's been brought up already.

We're can we get the same type of material used to print these custom covers on, so it dosn't look like a cheap paper copy of the real deal? I not only want to save space with the TNG releases, but I also want it to look nice on the covers for displaying..

Thanks

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I haven't found the exact kind of paper they use, but I buy Epson 13x19 photo paper. Cut it into two 8.5x13 sheets. They look great. Kodak used to sell legal size photo paper but they discontinued it.

Ric

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ric, excellent work! Thank you for taking the time to make these covers and for sharing them with us. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
The Updated Terminator 2 covers are all up and available for download Right Here! These are both the 3 and 4 disc versions. One of these days I'll get around to sending them to DVDCA. I just want to make sure these are the final versions!

Ric
Rogue DVD Cover Artist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks