1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

custom built 5.1.2 system in living room

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Calico Silver, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Calico Silver

Calico Silver Auditioning

Craig McD
    Hi All,
    I am setting up a nice upgrade for us with an Onkyo TX-NR777 receiver, with Polk Audio speakers from the TSi series. We also want to include a phonograph and older VHS player - plus the satellite box. In the illustration, everything is shown at proper relational size. I will be custom building the cabinet for this, plus the two speaker stands, or speaker shelves. The stands make more sense because the back ported TSi200 speakers should be 5-10" from the wall. One stand will be placed directly on top of the subwoofer, as shown.

Our living room really has a single wall to work with, and a space up to 63-64 wide. In this pic, the subwoofer pushes that a couple more inches to 66, which is the max. I found that moving the sub outside the cabinet made for a more centered appearance and easier build.

Do you have any suggestions on a better layout, or see any potential problems with this layout? I would appreciate any input you can offer.

Polk Tsi 200 front speakers / CS10 center speaker / PSW10 10" subwoofer + Onkyo Atmos speakers

Thanks, C home_theater_idea.