What's new

Custom Buffy Season One DVD case for your perusal (2 Viewers)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
UPDATE (1/31/02): The hi-res version is now up at www.dvdcoverart.com. Many thanks to Matt for hosting the cover! Click over to his site and check out all of the custom covers!
UPDATE (1/30/02): A slightly tweaked version of the cover is now up at my site. Please right click here and 'save target as' to see the updated cover. File is ~260k.
For the last week I've been working on the case you see in this thread. I'm presenting it as an option to those of you who don't care for the cover artwork presented for the current release. Don't get me wrong, I think the FOX artwork is fine and very eye-catching on store shelves. I'm just a big fan of simple covers, especially ones that can be carried over in a unified series. This cover is also designed for the alpha slim triple disc case which I think is pretty snazzy. I was going for that 'old leather book with gold foil and embossed logos' look for the front, while the back of the case incorporates all the bonus features noted on the R1 release, some publicity stills, and some photos from the show as well as legal disclaimers ;). A hi-res version is coming, but first, I'd like to get your comments/suggestions/hate mail on what you see here. Please note that although most of the writing is difficult to read in such a small file, the full version is very legible!
Enjoy!
mike.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Mike,
that cover looks great. One or two suggestions - remove the words 'the complete first season' from the spine, and add some small 'season 1' logo at the bottom. It carries over better to future seasons and gives a nicer look on the shelf (IMO of course). Also maybe consider making the red a little more purple/burgandy
either way, be sure to drop me a line when you have a finished hi-res version ready and I'll host it on my site ( www.dvdcoverart.com )
-Matt

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Very nice! :emoji_thumbsup:
(If anyone is having trouble seeing it, it's GeoCities so you need to "save target as" or equiv.)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
If anyone has a site that's easier to link to, please do me a huge favor and post it or email me for the file. Again, the file is only 100k. (the 'save target as' thing seems to be all that works right now)
mike.

CraigMc

Grip
Looks awesome Matt. Love the nice clean look of the front cover with the "Buffy" symbol on it.

Great work. Looking forward to the hi-res versions.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Looks nice. We do have some talented people here. I am begining to think that the studios need to come here the next time they need new employees.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Would it be possible to get a higher resolution scan? I can barely make out the words on the back side portion when I printed it out.

Great work, BTW!

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Please see the first post for a link to the updated cover.

I took into account the couple of suggestions I got here and made the background considerably darker, and I nixed 'the complete first season' on the spine altogether, as well as made a few minor enhancements overall. I'm pretty happy with this version thus far. If no one has any more suggestions, I'll send Matt the hi-res version in the next day or two.

Anders,

Thanks for the additional web-hosting! If you want to put up the new version, feel free to do so, I'd appreciate it.

mike.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I like it a lot, but I think the black spine is just too different from the front and back. This design reminds me of the snapper case for the Dogma special edition, with the book-like front. I would make the spine match. Oh, and you might also add that Whedon's commentary is on "The Harvest" also.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Sweet! Nice work. Looks like I'm gonna have to put another order into Inetdvd! Let us know when it's up for download!

-Ric

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mike, good work! Thanks for making the changes, the revised cover is much superior to your initial effort.

And thanks for Anders for hosting duties!

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
The final, hi-res version is in the process of being sent to Matt for hosting on dvdcoverart.com. There have been some email issues, but when all is resolved, I'll let you guys know when it's up!

mike.

Users who are viewing this thread