What's new

Curtains for Walls? (1 Viewer)

Peter_J_B

Agent
I just read the link on the 300 you posted, and was impressed. Mainly with the lesser extent of it's screendoor at closer range. Although, I do have a decent PC I'd consider hooking up. Or I have an older PC that I could gut if the components required in a HTPC aren't that high. Not sure what processor is required.

The only problem is that these FPs have short throw. Does this mean that I'd have the projector up in front then? Or can I still bring it back and keep the screen smaller than max? It is saying 9.8-12.2' for a 100" screen, and I was planning on sitting about 13-13.5' away. I could realistically go to a bigger screensize, considering I only arbitrarily picked 100". If I want it 14-15' away so it's a foot or two behind the main viewing area, then I could go to 120+", but not sure how the resolution would be. And then I'd have to find some cheap pulldown screen. I'd love to just make a stationary DIY screen, but unfortunately, my regular tv will be mounted behind the wall, so not sure what option other than a drop down is possible.

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
The major issue with a 120" or larger screen is ANSI lumens. Both the Z1 and 300U are < 1,000 which should be fine for a 120" screen provided light is strictly controlled. I think in your case (basement) you're fine.

What about mounting the projector in a coffee table? Someone else was talking about that in a different thread. Then you could buy a short throw projector, and not worry about it being closer to the screen than your seating will be?

Regarding the subwoofer, I meant 200 watts, not 300, I'm sorry! I was pretty weary when I fired that message off. If memory serves, RMS is the continuous output that an amplifier can safely produce. Peak power (the higher number) is the output that the amp can produce for a very brief burst (like a drum beat).

I "spaced" the fact that you hadn't gotten speakers yet. I hear alot of good things about Paradigm (and also SVS) on this forum. I have my own recommendation. This $999 USD speaker package is almost exactly what I have:

http://www.hifi.com/store/category.c...10e&type=store

I guess shipping is free until the end of the week, and $999 is a fantastic price. My experience with CSW is very positive. The direct-sales approach offers a fantastic bang for the buck - these speakers compete with others costing twice as much. My non-dedicated room size is 13.5 x 19, so it's pretty comparable to yours and this package easily fills our room with sound. The bass is very strong. These speakers have gotten consistently great professional reviews.

Hey, wait a minute, here is the same speaker package with the Marantz SR4300 DTS receiver for $1,299 USD:

http://www.hifi.com/store/category.c...71e&type=store

That's a really sweet deal. The receiver is $400 alone at onecall.com and you're getting it for $100 less with this package.

Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks