What's new

Curtain (1 Viewer)

steve_mr

Grip
Anyone know a good source for sound absorbent curtains?

We are building our basement HT and have one window and a stairwell where we'd like to hang a track with curtains to stop some of the sound from going out and up.

Thanks!!!
Steve

Josh~H

Stunt Coordinator
Steve -

No, unfortunately I don't. But I've been looking for the same thing. If I find it, I'll let you know where.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
There are curtains available designed to stop sound but they are usually for commercial applications, and because of that, are butt ugly.
Try a google search for sound stop curtains or the like and you should find what I'm talking about.

The other option is the heaviest velvet curtains you can find, but they still won't block much sound. I use some from antiquedraperyrod.com also sold at greatindoors.com.

If you find a better solution, please post it!

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I was looking for curtains to. I think any of them will block a little sound but not much. I found some nice ones at Bed Bath & Beyond and also at JC Pennys. Not exactly sound blocking curtains but they work well for HT looks.

David J S

Auditioning
I hava great source for you, unfortunately I do have their information with me currently.
I will bring the information into work with me tomorrow and hit you back with it then.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks