Curtain for Home Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LanceR, May 25, 2001.

1. LanceR

LanceR Auditioning

We have a long living room where our home theater is located and we would like to put a curtain up in the back of the room to block out light since there is no rear wall on the curtain. I would like it to hang and slide around the area needed almost like a hospital curtain does. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where I would find something like this or who I would talk to about installing it?
    Lance

2. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Lance:
    The track you are thinking about is made by Kirsch. It is available in several different styles. They are the Kirsch 9600 series, the 7900 series and the 9000 series. You can purchase straight pieces and curved to put together to fit your space along with many different kinds of hangers that glide in the track. You can even get hangers to fit for any I.V. bottles you need hung during an exciting movie. [​IMG]
    You do not use regular pinch pleated draperies with this, but rather just hooks into straight fabric or clips into grommet holes at the top, just as you see done in hospitals.
    You would need to contact a local window covering dealer in your area who could supply the track, make the curtain and arrange for installation.
    Deane

3. LanceR

LanceR Auditioning

Thanks, i'll contact a local place around here and see. I know it will cost and arm and a leg and probably some other body part but it would really help the movie experience.
    Lance

4. RyanL

RyanL Stunt Coordinator

Lance, how'd you ever come out on this? How expensive was it?
    ------------------
    Paradigm Monitor 90P's
    Paradigm Reference CC-450
    Paradigm Titans
    Aura Bass Shakers (2)
    Marantz 1550
    Aiwa 8" Sub
    JVC RX-884vbk (reciever)
    JVC XV-501bk (DVD player)
    Sharp Hi-Fi VCR
    Sony 27V20 27" Trinitron TV