What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
During the 1950’s, Universal-International had become noted for their work in two specific genres. One was the western, which they cranked out plenty and featured the likes of James Stewart, Audie Murphy and Rock Hudson among others; the second was the horror genre, which harkened the studio back to its heyday in the 1930’s and also intermingled with the sci-fi genre. From these two genres came Curse of the Undead, an unusual concoction of elements from each. Only previously available on VHS, Kino Lorber has licensed the movie from Universal for its Blu-ray debut.

Curse of the Undead (1959)

Released: 01 May 1959
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 79 min

Director: Edward Dein
Genre: Drama, Horror, Romance, Thriller, Western

Cast: Eric Fleming, Michael Pate, Kathleen Crowley, John Hoyt
Writer(s): Edward Dein, Mildred Dein...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Remember seeing this as a kid on television in the mid 60s on a late show. It really scared me as a child. Only have seen it on television the one time. And forgot about it until I see it's on BR. interesting take on the vampire lore.

buckmichaels

Agent
Real Name
Mike
Remember seeing this as a kid on television in the mid 60s on a late show. It really scared me as a child. Only have seen it on television the one time. And forgot about it until I see it's on BR. interesting take on the vampire lore.
LOL, I saw this movie the exact same way! Mid 60's, on a late show, and it scared me too!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I bought this during the most recent K-L sale and watched it last night. First time I've seen it since the 70's. My wife and I really enjoyed it. The Blu-ray looked great, with lots of rich blacks. I loved the use of 'studio moonlight'. It does not look like real moonlight, but it's a look we all accept in black and white movies and looked beautiful here. I didn't have any problem with the acting of Eric Fleming. His one-dimensional dogmatic approach seemed to fit the minister. The real star is the under-rated Michael Pate. Like all good Dracula-type characters, he has a cool suave quality about him.

It's really one of the cleverest movies ever, combining the western & horror genres. How cool is it to have a hired gun who can kill people he's hired to kill, but cannot be fatally wounded by his intended victims?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks