Curse Free TV Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stacie Gates, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Stacie Gates

Stacie Gates Auditioning

Hi! I'm new to this forum (my husband has been here for a while now, though).
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Curse Free TV & how well it did or did not work with Home Theater equipment.
    We have a 6.1 setup, if that information helps at all.
    I read a review about a competing product (TV Guardian)and it said that it would mute out words & phrases in the front speakers, but not the rear.
    We have a couple younger boys in our house & there are a number of movies that they would enjoy watching but for the language in them.
    I appreciate any help any of you can give this newbie!
    Thanks in advance,
    Stacie

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I don't have one of these, but I know some folks who do, and just looked up some info online.
    This would work OK if the movies in question are on VHS. These little gizmos only have RCA and coax pass-throughs, so only analog signals can be filtered.
    In those cases, it would work for a 6 channel setup, but if using a digital source, you wouldn't be able to use it at all.
    Your only choice would be to connect the gizmo from your DVD players analog outputs. But in that case you'd only be able to use Pro Logic playback.....no DD or DTS.