Currently 2765 Active Users Online !!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Lawrence, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    Wow [​IMG]
    Has the forum been slash dotted again [​IMG]
    edit- Now 2818!!!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

There were 3,225 online when I first logged on this morning. It's amazing the boards are responding as well as they are.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    This is unbelieveable to me too. When I went to sleep this am around 9:30 CST we had around 1,400 online. Tonight as I type this we have around 1,700 online.

Parker

4. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    It could of been a glitch of some kind, because about a half hour after I posted this message, I saw that the number had crossed 3,000.
    When I went to the "view members online" page I noticed that well over half the members had Last Active times that where an hour or more old (some about 3 or 4 hours). Normally and even right now, the "last active" times only go back about twenty minutes. I was thinking that maybe the forum software had stopped recognizing when people had logged off and was keeping everyone listed as online (As in if Joe Blow logged on at 10am and then left at 10:30am, He would still show up as being online,at noon)???

5. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

That explains why I gave up this afternoon trying to connect four different times.
    Nice to have the traffic..... but it forces me to go elsewhere.

Hey, a great big market out there.

I'm happy for HTF, but I must say that this great forum has whetted too many new appetites.... and you know full well that after this holiday this HT craze is going to hit the BLOODY ROOF. You will be at AVS's 50k registered by next November.

Bandwidth (and Parker, you knew it was coming) is vital to keep this engine going.

Keep it stokin'

BOK

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Brian OK:

Well we are addressing the bandwidth issues and so you know if we allowed any name to sign up with then we would be well over 200,000 registered now. So.......31K with the username requirements that we have is huge.

Brian Lawrence:

The two indicators are separate from each other. The one on the main page is reset as soon as a member logs off. The member's online page is based on different stats.

Parker