What's new

Current TV DVDs you plan to buy in 2009 (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
just recently ordered Ellen - Season 5 and Homicide Life On the Streets - Season 4 from my list

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by nikkif99uk ">[/url]

I also just ordered The Pretender - Season 1 from my list
[/QUOTE]You''ll like that show. I have seasons 1 & 2. I haven't started watching S2 yet.

My list for the rest of this year:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
For the remainder of the year I'm looking at the following things that I've yet to purchase (still holding out for 50% off on all of them):

The Untouchables Season 3, V.1 & 2
Robin Hood Season 4
The Fugitive Season 3, V. 1 & 2
Barbara Stanwyck Show Season 1
Donna Reed Show Season 3
Route 66 Season 3, V.2
Three Stooges V. 7
Wagon Train Season 1 (only if I can get it for under $40)

That's it for me up through the end of the year. Nothing else on the list that I don't already own or have on pre-order (I think the only pre-order I have is Perry Mason S4, V2).

BTW, the 4th Quarter of this year pales in comparison to the last several years when it comes to vintage releases. No one can tell me we are not seeing a serious, serious decline in classic releases. News Flash for anyone who's been hiding under a rock for the last 8 or so months: the golden age of vintage TV on DVD has peaked and we are now on the downside. Don't look for things to get any better, quantity-wise, in 2010 either. You'd be shocked if you reviewed the last 3 months of last year and compared it to the last 3 months of this year, release wise. 50's and 60's shows have taken a terrible downturn. If it were not for 3 companies in particular - CBS/P; Shout Factory; and Timeless - we'd literally be starving to death for vintage material. And unfortunately I know for a fact that CBS/P has already nixed a few planned classics for next year that were on their schedule a few months ago, so I look for them to have less output of b/w material. Shout looks to be at about the same level, and Timeless has some things brewing that will hopefully come to fruition. So perhaps two of the three will at least keep pace. All the others... slim pickins for sure.

Gary "not a pessimist - just a realist calling a spade a spade" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Gary,

At DD (40% off sale) right now you can use the following code N4V24RVDNH to get an additional $5 off a $25 order. So for example, you could get:

- Barbara Stanwyck Show Season 1 for $24, and
- Robin Hood Season 4 for $12

$36 - $5 = $31 and free shipping from an MSRP of $60 which pretty close to 50% off. There maybe other deal combinations in there as well but that one comes to mind since I just got the Barbara Stanwyck Show Season 1 myself.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by smithb

Gary,

At DD (40% off sale) right now you can use the following code N4V24RVDNH to get an additional $5 off a $25 order. So for example, you could get:

- Barbara Stanwyck Show Season 1 for $24, and
- Robin Hood Season 4 for $12

$36 - $5 = $31 and free shipping from an MSRP of $60 which pretty close to 50% off. There maybe other deal combinations in there as well but that one comes to mind since I just got the Barbara Stanwyck Show Season 1 myself.
Brad, thanks for that. Believe it or not, I used that code Saturday night on Mister Ed Season 1. It brought that set down to just about 50% off. It was a coin flip for me to go with that set or the Stanwyck one.

Gary "that Mister Ed set was almost assuredly the only one I'll be buying from DD this time around - I'm content to wait for better sales on the others" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Gary OS ">[/url]

Brad, thanks for that. Believe it or not, I used that code Saturday night on Mister Ed Season 1. It brought that set down to just about 50% off. It was a coin flip for me to go with that set or the Stanwyck one.

Gary "that Mister Ed set was almost assuredly the only one I'll be buying from DD this time around - I'm content to wait for better sales on the others" O.

[/QUOTE]I was looking at the same think but my coin flipped the other way. Of course that meant I had to pick up something else as well since the Stanwyck show was just under $25. So I went with the

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb

I was looking at the same think but my coin flipped the other way. Of course that meant I had to pick up something else as well since the Stanwyck show was just under $25. So I went with the Columbia Pictures: Film Noir Classics - Vol. 1 as my add-on.

Again, we think alike Brad. I probably would have gone with the Stanwyck set over the Mr. Ed one if I wouldn't have had to add something to get over the $25 threshold.

Gary "got your PM and will be responding soon, buddy" O.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Currently airing shows that I will buy when they come out:

Desperate Housewives
Eureka
Glee
Gossip Girl
Heroes
Lost
Melrose Place 2009
The Simpsons
South Park
Ugly Betty

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
just ordered Beautiful People - The Complete Series on Amazon's black friday sale

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Hello? HELLO IN THERE! It's 2010! Time to clost this thread and start a new one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks