What's new

Current fall season--which shows will you buy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

I almost buy TV-DVD exclusively now.

Of the shows that I'm already collecting:
Arrested Development - Favorite show ever and I'll need to own the last thirteen episodes to complete series.
Desperate Housewives - I own the first season despite hating the second half of last year and the show has grown on me even more.
Gilmore Girls - The season has been spotty but I really like Scott Patterson and certain scenes and I'll own the other five seasons by the time this comes out.
Lost - Great, if slow, second year. MUST own.
The OC and One Tree Hill - My soaps. I discovered both on DVD and I was surprised that I really enjoyed watching second season O.C. episodes (which I had seen broadcast) on DVD as well. I own both seasons of both shows. Can't stop now.
Scrubs - I'm glad this great show finally has multiple seasons on DVD. Last year was so good, and this new season will hopefully be pretty awesome. Either way, I'll watch year five when NBC finally airs it and I'll buy it when BV puts it out.
Twenty-Four - Unless this new year is really, really bad, I can't see myself not collecting the whole series.
The West Wing - Some people are going to stop collecting WW after season four, but I'm going all the way. This new year has been really different and I like it.

Of the shows that I'm collecting but don't watch broadcast:
Deadwood - I don't have HBO, but I own the first season and saw second season episodes on an Emmy screener. GREAT GREAT show! Can't wait for the third year to broadcast so I can get season two on DVD.
Family Guy - I haven't watched any of the new episodes, but I'll have the other three volumes and they're all pretty golden.
The Sopranos - Again, no HBO, but I really love all five season of the show (even with some slow patches.) Season six (or 6.1) is on my Christmas list for 2006.
Veronica Mars - Discovered the show on DVD. I'm enjoying it right now and would consider buying this season if I end up liking the whole first season.

Freshman shows I'm watching:
Supernatural - I'm really enjoying this show. I'm not sure how much replay value it'll have, but I'd consider buying a release if it had some good extras. (And was released in WS.)

Freshman shows I might sample on DVD:
Invasion - I heard it's the best of the new "Alien" shows. Seems interesting from the previews during "Lost."
My Name is Earl... - One of those shows I might breakdown and start watching broadcast anyway.
Reunion - Caught about 15 minutes, might be an interesting show to own.

Martin_KA

Agent
Surface - in my opinion the best new show on tv
LOST - who doesn't like lost, come on, best show of last year. theres polar bears on the island, who would've thunk it

I tried watching Supernatural, kinda got boring for me after the 3rd episode.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Lost
Alias
Smallville
West Wing
CSI
Desperate Housewives

Justice League
Teen Titans

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
New shows
Kithen Confidential
Prison Break
Supernatural
Commander-In-Chief
Invasion
Reunion

Continue Collecting
Charmed 8
DH 2
Grey's Anatomy 2 (getting the 1st season in Feb)
Arrested Development 3
Las Vegas 3 (haven't seen any episodes of this season yet)
Medium 1 and 2 when they release it
Gilmore Girls 6
One Tree Hill 3

Lost 2
Veroinca Mars 2 (plan on picking up the 1st season when I can get it for under $20 new)
Alias 5
Smallville 5
O.C. 3
Reba 5

Damn thats 20 shows am so addicted

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The only "new" shows I'll buy:

SURFACE
SUPERNATURAL
GHOST WHISPERER (possibly)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
While I'm unable to keep up with just about every TV show out there, there are still two that I plan to get once they hit DVD: Smallville Season 4 and Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0. Can't miss titles for me! :)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Las Vegas
CSI:Miami
Bones
House (Anamorphic only)
L&O:SVU
South Park
Nightstalker (tentative on this)
CSI
Threshold
Justice League Unlimited
Charmed
Crossing Jordan

I wish History Channel would release season sets of Deep Sea Detectives. I haven't watched Supernatural, but maybe it's worth my time to check out.

JohnAP

Second Unit
As far as new shows, I think Rome has been the best and I'll probably buy that. Also, Prison Break is worth owning. I've been enjoying Reunion, but I don't think I'll want to own it, though the format of the show makes me feel like it would be better to experience on dvd in a few sittings if you're watching it for the first time.

For returning shows, I'll buy LOST season 2 and Arrested Development season 3. Unfortunately, it looks like that'll be the final set for AD and it'll be a thin box. Battlestar Galactica season 2 is high on my priority list too.

The dvd I'm most looking forward to is Veronica Mars season 2. It's become one of my all-time favorite shows, but since all my friends and I are also addicted to LOST, I haven't seen the new episodes. I've also been missing Alias, so I'll probably try and catch up with the new season of that on dvd as well.

There's probably some new shows that I'd enjoy, but I don't have time for them, so maybe I'll just catch up with dvd. Invasion is one I've been hearing about. Then there's stuff like Smallville, which I'm 3 seasons behind on. Thank god dvd has made it so I can just catch up with this stuff in a marathon weekend every once in a while.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I'd buy & love to see these on DVD~

Desperate Housewives 2
Simpsons (whatever season this is LOL)
Real World Austin (Will they ever come out with season sets again?)
The Amazing Race Family edition (I agree this season sucks, get out of the USA already! But still like it)
LOST 2
Freddie (had anyone seen this!?!) They MUST bring this to dvd!This show is HILARIOUS! I love his grandma EVERYTHING she says makes me laugh. I'm sure all the FPJr. fans would buy it.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
New Shows:

Out Of Practice
How I Met Your Mother
My Name Is Earl

Ongoing:

Desperate Housewives
King Of Queens
CSI: Miami
Still Standing (Forgot to add. I'd definitely pick this up as it is definitely re-watchable)
CSI: NY (still need to pick up S1)
CSI:
Without A Trace
Alias

MattHR

Screenwriter
Ongoing/Concluding:
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Arrested Development (it'll be the final set.) :angry::frowning: :thumbsdown:
Without A Trace (are there plans for more?)
The Shield
Smallville
Law & Order: SVU
Will & Grace
Monk
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Simpsons
Family Guy

New this year:
Prison Break (the only new show I'm watching)
American Dad (maybe)

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
Must Haves:
Arrested Development season three
Veronica Mars season two

Probable purchase:
Lost season two

Possible purchase (depends on extras):
Prison Break season one
The Office season two
My Name is Earl season one

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since I started this, I've added Veronica Mars S2 to my definite-buy list and Lost S2 to my maybe (probably).

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Ongoing

The Office
The L Word
ER (though at the rate they're going, this season will be out sometime around 2065 :angry: )
This is Wonderland

New

How I Met Your Mother
Out of Practice
South of Nowhere
Noah's Arc

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The West Wing
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Desperate Housewives
Grey's Anatomy
Arrested Development
Prison Break
Commander In Chief
Scrubs
Law & Order: SVU
Boston Legal
Veronica Mars
Lost
Law & Order
Alias
Will & Grace
My Name Is Earl
The Office
Crumbs
The Book Of Daniel
Conviction

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
Arrested Development
Veronica Mars

I'd rent Reunion to see the unaired episodes but since even those won't resolve the mystery, I doubt I'd buy it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I was thinking the same thing about Reunion. If it does make it to dvd, the producers are going to have to come up with a little somethin' to resolve the crime, or else no one will buy it. All they'd have to do is produce a cheapy 10 minute videotaped mockudrama starring one or two of the cast, and say it's videotape from a police interrogation or something like that. Or whatever else; they're the creative ones, not I. And with this little 10 minutes of extra film, they could advertise that on the dvd box as extra footage that reveals the killer. All good selling points.

John*P

Second Unit
New Shows: How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl, Supernatural

Returning Shows: Gilmore Girls, Family Guy, Arrested Development

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks