1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Current best progessive DVD player under $500??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jonathanR, Apr 9, 2002.

1. jonathanR

jonathanR Stunt Coordinator

Hello All:

I'm trying to find the best quality and performing progressive dvd player to match up with a new Pioneer Elite 520 RPTV. I know the Pioneer has a great line doubler......would Progressive player still be needed? If so whats the best player out there currently under $500.......is Panasonic 91 still the current champ? Any other models be it single disc or 5-disc that are worth a look at? Thanks.

John

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

John, I think many people will tell you to look at the Panasonic 'RP91. However, for $500, a few people here have spoken highly of the Denon DVD-1600, which also offers DVD-Audio. With any progressive-scan DVD player, you can compare the interlaced and progressive-scan video output and decide which looks better to you. Many will tell you to go with progressive-scan output.

3. Ronald C

Ronald C Auditioning

John,

I own the Denon 1600, and I am very pleased with the unit. For under $500, you get a terrific progressive-scan player, plus DVD-Audio capability. The sound and picture are outstanding. The 1600 sounds great as a standalone cd player. I have only had my 1600 for a couple of weeks, so it isn't really broke in yet. If my opinion changes I'll let you know. Good luck!