Curious George - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Man, this was a really adorably cute film featuring Curious George and Ted (the guy who loves to wear yellow, it would seem). You simply can't watch Curious George and not break out in a smile or chuckle, he's so playful and fun, with just a bit of guile to keep you honest.

The story/origin of CG and Ted's unlikely relationship is also pretty cute, and even with the usually predictable scenes of having forced separations and regrets, it all ends up good and cozy. Kids will like this movie a lot because there's plenty to like.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I thought it was pretty good, too. For once a children's film that's actually appropriate for children.

I'm surprised they gave the man in the yellow hat a name.

3. JulieK

JulieK Auditioning

I loved Curious George books and was hoping that the movie would be good.
    Now I am totally looking forward to seeing it.

4. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Its definitely aimed for kids. As one who read all the books as a child, the pull of my memories made the movie an enjoyable experience.

5. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

Lou, I felt the same way. It was very faithful to the Rey's vision and was a well told story to boot. I enjoyed it immensely and my 2 and 4 y.o. daughters sat quietly.

It was a milestone for us, the first movie theater experience for either of them and it was a wonderful coincidence that such an age appropriate film was so well done.

To me, this film is the reason for Disney to restart their 2D animation studio. Imagine proved that 2D animation has a happy place in 2006 in the marketplace. I would not have enjoyed the film as much in 3d or claymation.

My inner 4 year old lives pretty close to the surface, but I think I clapped aloud when George started grabbing balloons. [​IMG] This was not really an appropriate adult response.

Ivan

6. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
  7. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I took my nine-year-old daughter to see it Monday night, and I was actually surprised how good it was. And to see a G-rated film that didn't try to sneak in adult-based jokes as sight gags for kids was a real surprise at that. This is definitely a film that, when it comes out on DVD, I plan to show to my younger daughter when she is old enough (about three or four).