Directors Curious... Foreign Television 'poll'.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DeathStar1, May 1, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Here in NJ, we get the local Spanish stations, Telemundo, and I beleive the other one is WNJU. We also get a Korean(?) station in the early 20 channels.

I'm curious. How many of you here watch the programs on these channels, if you're flipping through, and keep watching even though you have no idea what in the hell is being said?

Being an anime fan, it would be interesting if they would subtitle these channels, because some of the programs do look interesting..

For instance, a week ago I came across the spanish version of Familly Fued wich looked rather fun..

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I once saw the Flintstones dubbed in Italian and it was perfect...the voices fit perfectly but that's the rare case.
    I have the ability on Directv to "delete" channels I never watch....which is nice since I dont have to flip through them anymore

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Did you say "poll"? Poll? Guess where I like to see polls!

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I like watching the daytime dramas on UniVision. I may only get every fifteenth word with my vast highschool spanish vocabulary (Ha!).. but true trash TV needs no common language.... Passion is the universal language of daytime TV.

passion and attempted murder. daytime TV is very violent... [​IMG]

5. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I watch some soccer on Univision. Occasionally some Aussie Rules and Rugby on Fox World Sports (also soccer here), which mostly rebroadcasts from foreign stations—and sometime the cricket highlights on the same station.

I used to regularly watch local stations when I lived overseas in various countries.

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

One of my local Public Television stations here broadcast Japanese anime on the weekends during late night hours. In Japanese and with subtitles.

I remember a number of years ago, my local Telemundo (or was it Univision?) station showed a Hong Kong period drama, dubbed into Spanish, about the Shaolin Temple.....

7. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Two words:

Sabado Gigante!