What's new

Curious about SVS placement (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I got my new 20-39 PCi today and have played with a few locations in my living room. I have finally settled on placing it between the TV and the right front speaker. I know the recommendation is to put it in the corner but whenever any sub has been in a corner I notice it too much. I think it has less with my being able to localize by hearing than by the feeling the sound pressure on one side of my body. By having it in the front it syncs with the orientation of my body more. I was just curious if others have the same experience...just 'cause no one likes to be alone ;)

Travis G

Stunt Coordinator
It's not surprizing that the image sounds more natural with the subwoofer placed more towards the center. Most recievers cross the subwoofer over at about 80 Hz. Some directional cues still come from the subwoofer.

Travis

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I have nearly the same set-up, but my 20-39PC+ is between the left main and the HDTV. I use an 80 Hz x-over to the sub. Although the sub isn't officially corner loaded, it's pretty close to the left corner of the HT room.

Anyway, my sub's FR (plotted with 1/12 octave test tones and a B&K SPL meter) is extraordinarily flat without the use of an EQ or a feedback destroyer.

Maybe I just have great room acoustics, but this set-up works very well in my own HT room.

Ed

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I had my 30-39 PC in the left corner (two long, uninterrupted walls), but I, too, felt I could localize it, and it did't blend well at all. I moved it to the right side directly to the right of the right main and about 5 feet from the corner. The sub doesn't play as loud here, but it seems less boomy and more natural. Just a matter of room acoustics, I guess.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I was just curious if others have the same experience
Mine are in about the same location (To the right of the RP and behind the right speaker) No way of placing them in a corner in my room. This is actually where Tom Vodhanel emailed me to put them. In any event if it works for you and you are happy, nothing else matters!

Best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks