Curious about reciever market share

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly Scott Rickards, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Kelly Scott Rickards

Kelly Scott Rickards Stunt Coordinator

It seems to me that Denon and Onkyo recievers are very popular choices on the forum.

Is there a website that has pie charts and stuff about the market share each manufacturer has of the reciever market.

Going by its popularity, you would think the Denon brand is most popular brand out there, reciever-wise, but I am aware Sony has a *HUGE* distribution chain, so perhaps they are the kings.

Does anyone have any answers?

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Even though I am not a fan of Sony receivers, I would think they would have the biggest slice of the receiver's market pie. Any one wants to guess who might have the biggest slice of the Speaker's market pie?... go ahead try it...you might already know the answer...subconciously though[​IMG]

3. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Well I hate to say it but marketing does work in this world. its all appearances and WAF's in the HT world. if there was only a website out there that informed people out there that BOSE is not the answer and there are so many superior...wait, that website exists, and we all belong to it.
    www.hometheaterforum.com [​IMG]