1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Curious about Halo preferences

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Yee, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I was wondering how many of you use the default control set up on Halo. I am right handed but it was more intuitive to set the analog sticks to "Southpaw" and "Reverse." This makes running and jumping or running and lobbing grenades a bit awkward, but I finished the game that way. My only regret is that I can't get through the demo on June's XBox Magazine disc to see the new cut scene because I'm too accustomed to the reverse set-up.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Can't recall whether the default scheme is inverted or not, but I think that's the only change I made. I did knock the sensitivity down a notch to 2, but that's just because I play a little heavy handed. Worked great after that.

Experimented with "boxer" for a while, since I use a LOT of meelee attacks, especially in multiplayer. Nothing like whacking someone over the head with a rocket launcher.