What's new

CURIOSITIES WITH WARNER ARCHIVE TITLES AT AMAZON (1 Viewer)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Okay, has anyone else experienced a cancellation of The Blue Knight Blu-ray that was supposed to be available Dec. 18th from the Warner Archive? I awoke this morning to an Amazon prompt saying that they are unable to fulfill this order and have cancelled the request on my behalf. More alarming is Blu-ray.com having pulled the clickable 'order' links from their listing, although the listing itself continues to remain posted.

But honestly, this isn't the first WAC title to get delayed. Dark of the Sun still doesn't have a shipping date and that title was announced by WAC back in May of this year. Any thoughts on what is going on at WAC these days. They announce titles then pull them. Very strange!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, has anyone else experienced a cancellation of The Blue Knight Blu-ray that was supposed to be available Dec. 18th from the Warner Archive? I awoke this morning to an Amazon prompt saying that they are unable to fulfill this order and have cancelled the request on my behalf. More alarming is Blu-ray.com having pulled the clickable 'order' links from their listing, although the listing itself continues to remain posted.

But honestly, this isn't the first WAC title to get delayed. Dark of the Sun still doesn't have a shipping date and that title was announced by WAC back in May of this year. Any thoughts on what is going on at WAC these days. They announce titles then pull them. Very strange!
Dark of the Sun is coming out December 18th. Pre-Order Link

By the way, I changed the thread's title because the issue is with Amazon and Warner Archive titles. There are problems at other retailers too with Warner titles, but it's more pronounced at Amazon as they shift from "availability for order" to "unavailable" much too often on just about every single Warner Archive release. Without question, the disc replication plant capacity issues are affecting stock conditions across the different labels and retailers.

One more thing, all of those December Warner Archive titles are still showing available to order at Best Buy and Deep Discount sites.

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
And it’s been going on for several months. It goes up for pre-order, then becomes unavailable, then comes back. I’m used to it.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I put my pre order in at Best Buy days ago for ..Popeye, Sea Hawk, and Dracula. I get them on the release date and saved money. I don't understand Amazon why they do this. ???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks