What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Six (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

Actually I can!

I had no idea that's who it was, but my wife and I kept talking about how much that guy looked (and acted) like Chris Farley.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'll go on record now as saying this may be the funniest season of Curb yet. The whole exchange between Larry and Leon about "big ass balls" had me howling with laughter and I got a kick out of how everyone finally abandoned Larry after all the crap he's done to them over the years. The final scene of the TIVO cutting out while he's sitting there icing his balls was priceless. :D

Marianne

Supporting Actor
That final scene was a classic!

I wonder how long they'll keep the separation going. I guess Jeff and Leon will be Larry's only friends for a while.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was a funny episode. I loved that Larry's first observation of Cheryl's suitor was that he had a nice head of hair. I'm stealing Larry's pickup line of "I'm not a cool guy but I'd like to waste a few hours of your time". :)

In the realm of odd casting, Mayim Bialik (TV's Blossom) returned as Funkhouser's daughter. And I think there was a new Becky (Cheryl's sister) playing the role.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Cheryl's sister also plays Dee on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".

I was wishing I had no fly zone undies, I was laughing so hard at some of the scenes in this episode.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy shit, I thought that girl looked an awful lot like Blossom, except I thought she'd be much older-looking than she actually is. Hunh.

And that's only second to my shock at seeing Ronny Cox show up on last night's Tell Me You Love Me with long, white Berkeley-professor hair.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
That was Kaitlin Olson as Cheryl's sister Becky just like always. No recasting.

Also, Mayim Bialik has been in at least 3 or 4 episodes as Jody Funkhauser.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, earlier this season, she was at the funeral in The Ida Funkhouser Roadside Memorial episode but she had no dialogue. I think her other appearance was in a S5 (?) episode when Larry pissed off Funkhouser for being happy that she was now dating a guy (after she had been dating women).

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
It was actually "long ass balls" that Larry was suffering from, according to Leon!

What about the scene in the restaurant when Larry was mocking the man talking into his Bluetooth? How many of us would like to do that?

This episode was sad and funny at the same time, as one by one Larry's friends dropped him - I suppose Jeff will be the last. At least it answers the question of why his friends stuck with him despite all he'd put them through - it was Cheryl they wanted to spend time with, and tolerating Larry was the price they had to pay for that.

Marianne

Supporting Actor

Jeff is his agent so he can't drop him! Maybe Jeff and Susie will break up again over this and Jeff will have to move in with Larry.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I chose Larry. LOL

I actually felt bad for Larry when Cheryl left him. He looked so pathetic. I loved "long ass balls" though. I was rolling. At the end of this season, Leon can stay, but the rest of the Black family needs to go.

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
thought the episode was great, although it was a little uncomfortable to watch considering Larry David's real life divorce from Laurie David.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I like how Funkhauser went from "being Larry's best friend" to "choosing Cheryl" in a few episodes.

Funkhauser, in my opinion, is gold every-time he is on screen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That was a hysterical episode. My favorite bit was Aunite Ray saying "Fuck you, Larry" while simultaneously giving him the finger. Also the pharmacist's disgust when he read the note about how Larry could do without the Blacks was hilarious.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The best thing about this episode is that it was firing on on cylinders from the get-go, instead of spending a lot of time setting things up for the ending. I was LOL at Larry's prolonged hug at the start, and it just snowballed from there.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely hilarious episode, funny from start to finish. When Auntie Ray thought Larry was whacking off in his car I almost pissed myself. That and the entire Black family tearing into him for using the N word were a couple of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
This season has just been one home run after another. I hope this isn't it for the show.

I loved how Jeff described Suzie at the hearing as a gentle, loving woman who had turned into a witch because he was now bald.

Also the moment where Larry passes the other bald guy in the hotel hall and they give each other a thumbs up....."I love my bald brothers"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks