What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Five (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can definitely see how you could view it that way. To me, however the fact that it was such an off the wall comment is what made it so funny. It wasn't just a dirty joke, it was a crazy thing to think up and to have him say it to the nurse ("Me thinks the lady doth protest too much") is what made it funny to me. I've thought and heard many dirty things in my life and I have to say that that was a new one on me. :)

My favorite lines were:

"One is gonna have to jump."
"What are you fuckin' nuts?"

todd stone

Screenwriter
anyone notice larry david has a freaking weird ass pinky? watch the ski lift episode and the two before it. when he does hand gestures, his pinky as a weird bend to it.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I have replayed last weeks episode several times for others not yet addicted to CYE. All have laughed, screamed and agree Larry is mishigas.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
This episode had a few amusing bits (Larry going along with his tears being for the dog, and then parleying that into "daytime sex") but I thought it was the worst of the season so far. The whole Korean dog meat thing just didn't work at all.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked Larry starting with the girl from last week. "Yeah, 'natural' if you're in a freak show."

Larry calling Oscar fat and Susie arguing with him over it was pretty good. "Jeff is a fat fuck!"

And Larry crying over the Knicks and having it misread in his favor (for once) was funny. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The whole show seemed forced again. I knew what was going to happen a mile away.

It definitely wasn't one of the better shows.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Not one of his best. For someone new to CYE, some of the lines may have seemd funny, but this semed ike an off week.

Maybe Larry was just lowering the bar for the finale next week :wink:

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Are we thinking its the series finale as well?

I thought I heard some things before this season started that this would be the last year.

I sure hope not, but id rather it go out on top...and it would in my book. Lots of funny times in its 5-year run.

Galen_V

Second Unit
The episode is called "The End", so who knows--my guess is that is could be it though (especially since the ratings haven't been great this season).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the ratings are low enough (considering the relatively low cost of the show) for HBO to cancel it. I know Larry was saying that this was the last year back in the summer. Course he probably says that every year so I guess time will tell. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This season, while still funny, doesn't have the same charm as the previous seasons. If it does come back for another year, hopefully they can turn it around.

On a side note, I've been meaning to meantion this...has anyone ever mentioned the weird intelacing issue with the show? The HBO presentations have it as well as the DVD's.

I can't seem to figure it out. None of my TV options fix it. In fact, I just got a new tv and it was the same with the old one and this new one.

Odd?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the beach wedding episode. The "reception" scene where Larry starts screaming that everyone is eating a dog was hysterical.

I also recall reading where S5 was going to be the end, but I would think that HBO would be heavily promoting it as the series finale if that were indeed the case. This season got off to a slow start, but the last half was generally pretty good.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

That's what I would think too. Given the 18 month gap between the end of S4 and beginning of S5, Larry seems to like to take some time between seasons to recharge the creative juices (and rest). Maybe HBO doesn't want to promote the season finale as the series finale in the hopes that they can get him to reconsider and come back to do another season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/4/05

I wasn't feeling it for this finale. I did like the extreme close-up to Larry when he realizes he's a gentile.

Not sure if I found the Sasha Cohen (Ali G)appearance all that interesting.

Nice TV Guide cover, eh?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
What's the TV Guide cover that Larry regrets doing in the finale?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I believe this was the cover he regretted doing, because he looked like an a-hole (I forget if that was his precise term).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks