What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
The period stuff was kind of funny and Leon had some good lines but I can't say I really laughed that much. Still enjoyable though. I did like Susie's divorce tirade and the slow pan over revealing that there were other people around the table forced to listen to her psychotic rant. I know I've said it before but Susie Essman is one of the best swearers ever!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe how topical they went with the Dodgers and the owners' marital/financial woes.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
J.B. Smoove as Leon is the awesome. Starting with the fact that dude's name is "J.B. Smoove." I just love that he's basically a squatter in Larry's house, and Larry totally accepts it. ("You RAN THAT ASS into the ground.") Leon is aces, no doubt about it. But I'm really hoping that this season allows the Funk Man to step up. He's my other favorite out of Larry's posse. Super Dave always does a masterful job of making me laugh hard without ever saying a word. And his defense of his wife against Leon's comments was easily every bit as funny as Leon's comments themselves.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
So glad this show is back. Leon is one of the greatest bit players in sitcom history. Everything that guy says is pure GOLD!!! :D

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Have you set aside a day when you're actually going to look at her face??" is one of the funniest lines in the show's history. I had to pause it until I could get my laughing under control. "How 'bout the marm, huh? How 'bout this marm??" Ached during that whole scene at the "shelter."

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Michaela Watkins knocked a truly irritating character out of the park. Still scratching my head over Lorne Michael's assessment that she was too talented for SNL. Would rather see her than endless Gilly sketches.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ached during that whole scene at the "shelter."
How do I say this without sounding insensitive.........but for some of those women (especially the dog woman) It's not hard to understand why the wrong person might have gone off on them.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I liked when Leon said "Who could fuck her up?" about the big lady
I liked in the second supermarket when Lewis was told about the big one being an domestic abuse victim, he just immediately, nonchalantly says "you look like you can take of yourself" without even so much as a pause before he said it.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Ok...seriously, if this season is all about Jeff, Larry, and Funk hanging out like middle aged Little Rascals this might be the best season ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks